K Series Turbo

Has anyone done anything with the turbo yet?

I’m a ZT owner with the 1.8 turbo owners, and have been waiting for someone to test modifications to this before I proceed.

I don’t think that there are any proper camshaft profiles available to support a turbo application for the 1.8 K-series . There is however a cam profile developed for supercharging.
Also you would have to seriously knock down the CR of the engine before even thinking of turbo charging it.
Faced with the amount of modifications needed and bespoke parts required most have just opted to repower with a Honda/Duratec/Audi powerplant.

Cheers,
Mike

Also you would have to seriously knock down the CR of the engine before even thinking of turbo charging it.

I’m under the impression that he already has the Turbo engine, as fitted to the ZT by the Rover Factory. I don’t think there’s been much aftermarket interest in this engine as far as off the shelf performance mods are concerned though. Might be worth exploring some rover forums where more people will have experience of this engine.

1.8k turbo engine from the ZT/75 won’t fit. Turbo is where the bulkhead on the Elise/Exige is.