K Series Oil Surge

Hi Guys,

I’m running an S1 Exige with its stock K Series engine. When I’m driving around my local track, there’s a chicane which, if I go through it as fast as I can… I get a brief flash of the Oil light on the dash. I’m guessing this is due to oil surge. Other than tracking down and having someone weld in a baffled sump… (or slowing down :slight_smile: ) are there any other easier / simpler ways to mitigate this.

Thanks
JE5TER

I’ve never seen that on my S1 but the brake fluid light comes on all the time with spirited track driving.

Good evening Jester - I have a Our Products
baffle fitted to my S1 many moons ago . Ironically never been on a track with it so never sure if its been really tested but i have never had low oil pressure . it was fitted to my new engine 2010 when PTP built it . cost then was £195 without the vat . Hopefully the link will take you there. Yours Dave

Thanks Dave, I’ll drop them a message to see if they’re still available.
Much Appreciated

JE5TER

How full is the sump level? If you are experiencing low oil pressures, have you tried filling it to max or slightly over max to see if that cures the problem?

Hi C8lgy,

Yeah last time I was out it was at the max marker… (didnt go beyond) and was still flashing the oil light through the chicane… and I’m only talking about less than a second… but I’ve heard than any oil starvation can have some pretty damaging effects…

Thanks
JE5TER