k series Fault Codes

hi - can anyone tell me what the fault codes P1301 and P1302 are please? they’re appearing on a '51 S2 std elise along with random misfire, cyl 1,2,3 & 4 misfire and crank position sensor A circuit, but these two have no text.thanks…russ.

quote:Originally posted by russ:hi - can anyone tell me what the fault codes P1301 and P1302 are please?P1301 - Misfire Level causing emissions increase (misfire on all cylinders evaluated over 1000 revolutions > 3%)P1302 - Misfire Level causing catalyst system damage (misfire on all cylinders evaluated over 200 revolutions > 10%)You should also have P300 or either of P301-304 active, which is misfire random (P300) or cylinders 1-4 (P301 - P304)Possible causes listed in the handbook:- Faulty sparkplug(s)- Plug leads loose or faulty- Ignition coil circuit problems- Ignition coil problem- Low compression in cylinderBye, Arno.

thanks arno,traced the fault to the block connector on the ecu, will (hopefully!) get her running sweetly again tonight!russ.

Arno, May I ask where you got the codes from. My interest is because I thought I could help answer the question.How nieve of me to think that owning two Rover supplied workshop manuals, and the Lotus manual I could supply the answer. Unfortunately none of them have these codes. So how many more codes are not in the manuals?.Do you have any more codes, or perhaps a list of fault codes available.Thanks for you reply in advance.

quote:Originally posted by Logic:Arno, May I ask where you got the codes from.2001 Elise Service Manual. Section EMO. quote:How nieve of me to think that owning two Rover supplied workshop manuals, and the Lotus manual I could supply the answer.At least for the S2 Elise and some Exiges they use the Lotus K4 ECU (anyone ever physically open one up? Any labels from a known ECU builder?) and not the MEMS, so the Rover manuals won’t really help there…Different programs and mappings between the S2 and the Exige of course… quote: Unfortunately none of them have these codes. So how many more codes are not in the manuals?.It’s not a very big list. Lotus seems to have implemented only the basic requirement for E-OBD code readout on the K4.There is a second connection possibility to the ECU though, through the CAN-bus that’s present on the K4 as well.This can probably get much more detailed data than the OBD port, but unfortunately this is a ‘closed’ part of the setup… quote:Do you have any more codes, or perhaps a list of fault codes available.I’ll scan the overview pages of the different codes that are available…Bye, Arno.

All manufactures now use the same fault codes for EOBD. You can get lists fairly easily from places on the net, if not send me a mail and I’ll send you one