Just wondering...

who here use their exige as a daily commuter?
I am thinking of trade-in my Z4 to Exige…

Try a search (say on ‘daily’ or ‘every day’), as a number of people have asked this recently.

It’d probably be easier in an S2 Exige but many people have done it in an S1. It’s a real treat traveling around in a race car.

Ian

Mine is a daily driver. It does have a Honda though which has made a huge difference to reliability and tractability.

…which has made a huge difference to reliability and tractability.

AND OUTRIGHT BLOOMING SPEED!

I am thinking of trade-in my Z4 to Exige…

I sold my Z3 and took delivery of an S2 a couple of weeks ago. I honestly find the S2 easier on my dodgy back than the Z3, drove 400 miles on the first day with no back problems (so don’t think it would be a problem in daily use), I found with the Zed after about 100mls my neck and back used to hurt and had to continually adjust the seating position (standard seats not sports seats). The two cars are completly different animals so it’s unfair to compare them against each other, all I can advise is make the change and you will not be dissapointed. I have not stopped grinning since I bought the Exige. The Exige owners seem much more technically minded as well so you wont be reading posts about chrome valve caps and half height stubby aerials

I used to have an ZMCoupe and traded to the S1 Exige. However I did also buy a LupoGTi as a daily driver since I live/commute in London. Sitting in traffic in an Exige is not a lot of fun - apart from having folk take pictures of you and stuff - do also feel like a twat in a suit with a harness on…

Best summed up as ‘when you are in the mood there is nothing like it and when you are not in the mood there is nothing like it’

Use my S2 as a daily driver too. Done some pretty long runs in it too (300-400 miles in a day).
Had an S2 Elise before this and I find the comfort much better in the Exige. Not sure how less (if any) comfortable the seats in an S2 with the sport package are ??

Steven

Use my S1 everyday to commute in and out of Brum!!!
In the winter its lovely and warm

Best summed up as ‘when you are in the mood there is nothing like it and when you are not in the mood there is nothing like it’

That is so true!!!

Used mine every day for past 2 1/2 years - can’t see a problem.
'cept can get a bit warm sometimes…
can get a bit cold sometimes…
But that’s what t-shirts and jackets are for!
I’ve loved every single mile I’ve driven and would’nt want a different car.

Not sure how less (if any) comfortable the seats in an S2 >>with the sport package are ??

they are fine - slightly tight on the right hip where you have your leg raised to get onto the throttle but very comfortable otherwise.

the s2 engine would make it a really nice daily commuter I reckon. I’ve been stuck in jams in mine for hours at a time and found crawling around in traffic no problem, only worry would be some visibility issues at awkward (city) junctions but that’s probably true of any car.

Like everybody else says, no problems.
With the added bonus that everytime you arrive to your destination you feel… special.

Also when going towards your car.

Somehow charges you for that important meeting.

Only cons are when you are in a suit and it’s raining. Getting off the car will get your trouser’s right leg dirty. It always touches with the section of the sill that is invariably muddy.
Also, you open the car slowly, get in swiftly and as you’re going to close the door, water trickles from the roof into the car (as it has no water channel).

Gets you all the time.

More of a problem if you live in Scotland!

Talking of up there, where’s Rox? He does lots of road miles.

Ian

More of a problem if you live in Scotland!

Talking of up there, where’s Rox? He does lots of road miles.

Ian

Hi guys…

Just back from 2 weeks in sunny spain with Gillian and the bairns… trying to catch up with 500+ S_E emails and hell knows how many bbs posts on here…

done the S_E posts now going thru my favourite WWW location

BTW… why’s Matts car for sale on Piston heads then ??

Mike, Russ, Pesky ???

Thanks for the inputs.
I am gonna arrange a test drive this weekend.
Wish me luck