Just got the Beast back with a cheeky little Mod..

(cross-posted on NYLOC)

The car has been down at Lotus Sport while I was on holiday. One of the Ohlins dampers failed (only the 2nd they’ve had apparently). I’ve still got the free AA assistance and I managed to get them to take it to Hethel.

While I was there I got them to move the FARB to position No 2 (should have done it myself I know, but I thought while it was there…) and also do a modification to the roof scoop - they basically remove the front grill and bore it out inside as much as possible, increasing airflow to the intercooler. It involves a respray of the roof but only cost about �300. There’s definitely a bit of noticeable increase in grunt at higer revs so I’m a happy bunny

The FARB adjustment is really noticeable. It turns in like a dream and feels a lot more rigid at the front. Certainly needs both hands on the wheel at all times though and wagon ruts on the inside lane of the motorway are a bit of a handful…

Can’t wait to get it out on track - Croft April 15th anyone…?

Nice mod thought the 240R was crying out for some attention to the flow of air to the intercooler.

I am going to start playing with my settings (have now got used to my set up) recon I need a softer FARB setting and a bit less front bump to help with the slow speed understeer.
Although I cant say anything against the current setting very adjustable on the throttle and frigin quick in the wet as i can push on.

Keep us posted on how it runs on the track mate

One of the Ohlins dampers failed (only the 2nd they’ve had apparently).

Was it just leaking? Did they rebuild that one or did you get a whole replacement damper?

One of the Ohlins dampers failed (only the 2nd they’ve had apparently).

Was it just leaking? Did they rebuild that one or did you get a whole replacement damper?

Well, it gradually lost all of its fluid until it started bottoming out. They replaced the whole thing though.

Interesting to think how many kits the Motorsports guys have fitted and have 2 failures…I thought Ohlins were quality kit?

Compare with the standard S2 exige bits I hear a lot of them have to be replaced - Mark R on here had to when he first had his car

Certainly not a patch on the Nitron for quality…

Any chance of some pics of the roof scoop?
Did they replace the mesh, or leave it completely open?

Any chance of some pics of the roof scoop?
Did they replace the mesh, or leave it completely open?

No problems, I’ll try and take a couple this evening. It doesn’t look that much different to be honest. The mesh has been removed and a black vinyl insert placed in the scoop.

I also picked up a dangler for the brake pedal from Sector 111 in California. It works a treat and makes heel and toeing easy. I’ll post some pics of that later on too.

Dangler?

Dangler?

Yeah, you know. A thingy.

It clamps onto the brake pedal effectively raising its height and making it easier to roll your foot over to the throttle.

Ah! I see. You mean an oujamaflop I had my brake pedal adjusted. That made heal and toe-ing much easier.

Having said that, I test drove an Exige S yesterday. It was quite impressive but for me, the best bit was the new pedal box. The brake pedal was really nice and firm, and in just the perfect spot.

Ah! I see. You mean an oujamaflop I had my brake pedal adjusted. That made heal and toe-ing much easier.

Having said that, I test drove an Exige S yesterday. It was quite impressive but for me, the best bit was the new pedal box. The brake pedal was really nice and firm, and in just the perfect spot.

I know, it’s frustrating. You can’t retro-fit the 06 box though, right?

I doubt it. I’m sure it would be fappin’ expensive if you could. I guess the accelerator pedal is quite different for the drive-by-wire system.

Cough

[image]http://www.sector111.com/images/products/performance/track_parts/hntpad/hnt_medium.jpg[/image]

That’s a nice dangler you’ve got there, Rob

Contrary to popular belief, my legs are long enough to reach the pedals without blocks (wooden, aluminium, or otherwise!)

My “cough” comment was because, well, put it this way, I wouldn’t fit one those things to my car, sorry Nick

See CLICKY HERE

Contrary to popular belief, my legs are long enough to reach the pedals without blocks (wooden, aluminium, or otherwise!)

My “cough” comment was because, well, put it this way, I wouldn’t fit one those things to my car, sorry Nick

See > CLICKY HERE >

Nor would I if I had your pedal box However, I have my pedal box

My dangler comes in silver by the way so you barely notice it

Isn’t it simpler just to adjust the throttle so that it stays lower?

Those with long legs would not dream of extending any pedal further!

Anyway, that’s what I did, just lowered the throttle (you have to adjust both, initial and stop points and then the butterflies to make sure they’re well open at the stop).

On a practical note, isn’t there a danger of not getting your foot on, or catching it on the brake pedal, when moving it from the throttle to the brake pedal?