Just driven a 240r at KH

Ok, posted this here from the pistonheads thread but it’s about the elise… the exige is different and won’t propably need another geo setting different from the standard setting when you buy one new.

spannerman said:s2 elise has a severe lack of turn in on a trailing throttle full stop, in my opinion lotus went soft with the s2, its an elise for the masses.S1+unskilled driver =oversteer=ouch.S2+unskilled driver=understeer=safe. In my opinion lotus lost the plot with the s2, the elise is about light weight and total driver involvment,it now has abs brakes(which are crap) and is a lard arse 900+kgs, may as well be an mr2…

You can easily sort this. My S2 has a Horizon Motorsports Geo so it’s perfectly neutral now. 185 front tyres means no more understeer.

a 111r may be 900kg but my base S2 is 715kg. Lighter than a S1 111s

For the Elise I hear they mostly sell S1 rear clams and mostly S2 front ones. You can therefore read into that the under/oversteer bias of the two.

Ian

a 111r may be 900kg but my base S2 is 715kg. Lighter than a S1 111s

Elise S2? or Exige S2?

For the Elise I hear they mostly sell S1 rear clams and mostly S2 front ones. You can therefore read into that the under/oversteer bias of the two.

Ian

Or the S1 (being slower) is often caught & run into, where as the S2…

Or the S1 (being slower) is often caught & run into, where as the S2… [/quote]

Brave man

Or the S1 (being slower) is often caught & run into, where as the S2…

Are you suggesting S2 owners can’t drive properly?!

Ian