Just bought a V6!

I have just bought a V6 Exige coupe which needs a little TLC, … so as you chaps are the font of all knowledge… a couple of questions please:

(I want to use the car for hill climbs and track days)

Will the wrap around harness bar off an S2 fit this newer V6?
Do Toyota do a simple ‘TRD’ upgraded airbox for the V6 or does it need to be a completely new expensive carbon thingy?
Is the exhaust valve flap system for actual performance or just for noise/emissions regulations?

Thanks, Tony

The harness bar I supply for the S2 will fit the V6 (Done it on a couple)

Hogarth, SSC do a nice induction kit and it’s much cheaper than the carbon Lotus Motorsport one. I am about to order one of the SSC ones.
I was also offered a carbon one second hand , but the fixing bracket was missing . It did include an extra HKS filter though.

The new 360 has TRD fitted, not sure if it’s just a filter element or a complete new airbox system.

Its just the TRD panel filter

I have the SSC CAI fitted and it makes a noticeable difference - also, and probably more important really, it doesn’t stuff up the MAF sensor and throw codes etc …

Enjoy, like what you’re doing with it.

How do you like the noise it makes Andy ?
I really miss the TRD noise from my old S2 :slight_smile:

[quote=“gp_fisher”][quote=“AndyD”][quote=“gp_fisher”]Hogarth, SSC do a nice induction kit and it’s much cheaper than the carbon Lotus Motorsport one. I am about to order one of the SSC ones.

I was also offered a carbon one second hand , but the fixing bracket was missing . It did include an extra HKS filter though.[/quote]

I have the SSC CAI fitted and it makes a noticeable difference - also, and probably more important really, it doesn’t stuff up the MAF sensor and throw codes etc …[/quote]

How do you like the noise it makes Andy ?

I really miss the TRD noise from my old S2 :slight_smile:[/quote]

I like it - its quiet on the motorway and gives back the Supercharger whine when giving it some beans - winton3 - YouTube

I was hoping you were going to say it sounds rubbish Andy :laughing: Looks like I will have to get one now :wink: