June calender (and a really good excuse!)

Hi all,

First the calendars…no, hold that, FIRST a HUGE thank you to Tap and Ben for allowing me/us to use the picture FOC (now back to the calendars, click on the pic for the full size versions):

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/IDG/Exiges/Exiges%20Cal%202006/Juneright.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/IDG/Exiges/Exiges%20Cal%202006/Juneleft.jpg[/image]

Now for the apologises:

1. Sorry to this poor chap:

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/IDG/Exiges/Exiges%20Cal%202006/Junecutbloke.jpg[/image]

Due to the strange dimensions of inferior Canon equipment (wouldn’t have happened with a Nikon - tsch! ) you’ve ended up being chopped. If you’re mortally offended please let me know and I’ll do you a special. Also, I’m not sure if you were leaning at that rather impressive angle or whether that’s those clever chaps at Canon again?!

1. Sorry for it again being a few days late, but this time I really have a good excuse (and hang in there it gets more interesting, sort of). Firstly, I was negotiating with Ben to get the use and high res image (I did well, even got dinner out of him too, not that I can go because…). Then I got a little poorly! Just over a coupe of weeks ago I was doing some driver training with Andrew Walsh (top chap, mad (just ask him about the wheelie bin!), great instructor) and was trying to learn left-foot trail braking through a 90mph bend in the safety of an airfield. Well needless to say I got it wrong, a lot, but hey that’s why I was there. As I was getting better I stopping spinning as much and started coming out more of less pointing in the right direction but with some tank slappers. Well as anybody that’s ever done this sort of thing before knows, thing go wrong MUCH quicker when trail braking and you need to turn the wheel less. Well, I caught the slide, and the first slapper, but the next one caught me out and I ended up almost being thrown (admittedly laughing) in to the passenger seat. Trying to get off the brake and on to the clutch as the car spun I pulled a muscle in the top of my left thigh, I thought nothing more of it. A few days later I was rather uncomfortable in the same region, this continued, getting worse (evidently it had been filling up with yucky fluid). On the third visit to the doctors last Thursday he packed me off in extreme pain and discomfort to the hospital to carry out an emergency drain on an abscess! I now have a 2-inch (open!) wound that is testament to my longwayfromSchumacherness abilities in a car. So before I can even get in the Exige again I must first be able to go to the toilet without passing out! The only conciliation? I was injured doing a very cool manoeuvre in a car (albeit badly). Well I suppose another conciliation could be getting July’s calendar on time!

Ian

Blooming heck, Ian - get yourself better soon

Also, who is the bloke who got “cropped” in the photo? Apologies for not recognising you

Cheers

Yeah, get well soon mate, that sounds really painful.

cheers for the calender IDG

also ‘ouch’ hope you get better soon mate … even tho’ it has a kinda fishermans tale to it

best wishes

Great work again Ian (and Ben for the hi-res piccy). Don’t want you to think I don’t appreciate the time you spend putting these together, but honestly, it’s a tough call which calendar to go for this month!!

[edit: Have decided, Exiges.com on main PC, Seloc on the laptop!]

[image]SELOC | Lotus Enthusiasts Club

Can anyone else see the deliberate mistake on this calender ??

Could it be Marc P who’s been mercilessly chopped from the photo?

And Ian, that is the single best story that I’ve ever heard to conceal a sex injury.

And Ian, that is the single best story that I’ve ever heard to conceal a sex injury.

Hey, I’d be bragging about that!

Surely choices for explainations of ailments in that region go 1) sex injury 2) car injury 3) boil on the butt. I’m just glad I actually had number 2.

As a mate of mine said “if you hadn’t been faithfully married for 10 years, perhaps you wouldn’t have pulled the muscle”

Ian

Wheel spacers?
Steering wheel on upside down?

Clothes!

She’s touching the car!

The front splitter needs attention

Tim

Yep, the guy on the right really shouldn’t be wearing those shorts…

Have a couple of sequins popped off?

[you’ll go blind checking! ]

Yep, the guy on the right really shouldn’t be wearing those shorts…

shudder