JSR

Hi Guys

Are JSR still in business?

Nope, John shut up shop years ago bud. John himself is still around of course and sometimes goes on special assignments!

That’s a shame, I only had a couple of items from them but the were quality and the advise was great.

Is your car running at the moment bud? Why don’t you at least join us for the road trip to Anglesey? If not come to Donny this year for a hoon round. I’ve never even seen your car!!

Just putting some tyres, brakes and suspension on and the I can come out. Might start of at Bedford so at least I can push it home if anything falls off.

:wave:

Hi John

Shame your not still running the workshop, still loving the re-packable back box you sold me.

Am I right in thinking you used to sell bells all round for S1 Exige brakes? Can you still supply them if you did and do you have any photos?

Ian heads off to fit locking wheelnuts :lolno:

Good to hear the exhaust is still doing its thing. I think yours was 1 of about 5 we did.

We used to get bells made that fitted the motorsport brake kit for the S1. I think IDG and poss Benja had a set on here, plus a few others elsewhere.

If I were staying standard size I’d have some of these Pagid Brake Discs S1 - Brake Discs - Braking and one of these https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sharpie+marker&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_kfuQ843TAhUdOsAKHVgnCWEQ_AUICCgB&biw=1301&bih=620#tbm=isch&q=sharpie+marker+pen+black&*&spf=204 if you really must have the cross drilling!!

Looks like I’m limited with the standered size brakes. Looks like the only options are Elise Parts belled discs or some EBC Turbo Groove discs.

Does anyone else have other suggestions?

BG Developments in Bromsgrove have produced some bells for us and have the drawings to produce more - they suit standard AP or Alcon discs using standard calipers front and rear. I have all the details somewhere if you want to go that route - but its going to be over 1000 GBP for a full set.

Your a star Andy, I’m guessing the AP discs would be a better quality that the Elise Parts disc. What pad would you suggest with the AP disc?

You can get AP discs from eliseparts off the shelf too…

Unfortunately these aren’t the standard size though. Cheers for pointing them out.

I’m sure eliseparts used to turn the disc’s down to size, is it not possible to turn the 290mm AP disc down to 282mm?

I ran them fine on my standard S1 when with standard wheels for years… they simply require a small spacer and slightly longer bolts…