Jim Clark Weekend

I know it’s a while off yet, but on the 16th and 17th of May 2015 there is a Club Lotus Weekend at Duns to celebrate Jim winning the 1965 World Championship and the Indy 500.
Might be worth organising a run up, what do you think ? :slight_smile:

Pete I would like to attend, if thats ok, may bring the plus 2 though bit of nostalgia :slight_smile:

Thanks for reminder, Pete. I may be up for it. . . Depends on rest of the year’s schedule. Your motor would be centre stage, I reckon!

Just a reminder about this event, it was a great turn out last time. The curry in Berwick was ace too, not to mention Pesky attacking the mannequin.
There will be the Jim Clark Elan, Cortina, type 25 etc demo runs down the main street. The museum is very interesting and there will be some static car displays.
The organizers are also asking for a display of LF1’s, so would be great to have as many there as we can muster :thumbup:

Hi Pete asking around here I think we have
Me 111r
Chris (my dad ) plus 2 s 130/5
Dave 111s
Lee s1
Bob vx220 lotus wannabe
Steve and shrek
Andrew lees v6 Exige
Andrew b poss Exige
Cheers lee

Pete which route you thinking of taking up, there may be a few from the NE going who could go via Carter Bar if you were heading that route

Which ever route you fancy really, nice to have as many Lotus cars there as possible.
Adrian do you know the other LF1 owners that bought their cars from Lotus Newcastle ?

I know who one is but not personally but I am sure a quick call to LN could find out or give them details

Currently 6 cars from the NE interested in going up

Here is a link to the Jim Clark Trust if any one wants to have a look.
In the gallery section there is some pictures of last time we were there. :slight_smile:

Just to let you know apparently the local accommodation is getting booked up as there is also a Dance Venue on the same weekend.

Damn…enjpyed it last time :laughing:

Anyone doing fastlane on the Saturday ???

Just booked in to the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in Duns.

LF1 owners - please PM me so I can put aside some dedicated parking spaces!

I will need to know if attending Sat and/ or Sun.

We may be looking for other models for street display on Sunday, however, access times will be limited to remove car from this.

More details to follow…

Confirmation received from Sir Jackie Stewart and Allan McNish for the Sunday. General Lotus parking areas being provided and still looking for LF1s…

Yes a few of us heading over on the Saturday

We should be there for both events

We are now in a position to take invites for Lotus cars to be put on display for the Sunday event.

If you are interested in parking on the main road straight opposite the F1 cars, please pm directly with model and year.

We will collate and advise thereafter.

Cars not taking part in display will be able to use dedicated parking areas.

Reminder…
Club Lotus Dinner at Jim Clark Weekend
SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER AT CHIRNSIDE HALL HOTEL As places are limited, booking and pre-payment is essential. The cost is £35 per head (including gratuity) for 3 courses (each with choices) plus tea/coffee. Priority will be given to Club Lotus members and special guests (If you do miss out you’re very welcome to join us later in the lounge for chat and cheers).To book please complete the tear-off slip below and send with your payment to Club Lotus (address at top of page). Telephone bookings are also fine. Confirmation of your booking from Club Lotus will be emailed with a copy of the menu as we need to know your choice of courses in advance (please mention any special dietary or vegetarian requirements at this time). PLEASE LET US KNOW BY 8TH MAY 2015.

Club Lotus: 01362 694459

Well we set off at 5.30 am on Sunday morning for the 3 hour journey to Duns in the rain, clearing up as we past Carlisle and raining again as we arrived at Duns. The odd shower again in the morning but great in the afternoon, as you can see from the pictures.
Really enjoyed the event and had a VIP pass from TLF where Sir Jackie Stewart, Allan McNish, Ian Scott Watson, Clive Chapman, Bob Dance etc were tucking into sandwich’s.
The street was closed off all day until 4.00pm with an excellent display of Lotus cars, and I got to see the new owner of my old Motorsport Green S2 Exige which I have not seen for seven months.
Highlight of the day for me though was the photo shoot with the Lotus E22 and delands LF1 , great opportunity on the day and glad I stayed until the end of the event.
Also great to see quite a few Exigers there on the day and many thanks to delands for organizing. :clap: