Jamie / Jason: Bemani related question

If my eyes aren’t playing any tricks on me, I was sure your car was/is fitted with a 2 channel temp gauge. I take it oil temp is one of them - what’s channel 2 used in your case?

I’ve got channel 1 for oil-temp, channel 2 is for air-temp after charge-cooler and before engine.

Was kind of wondering what temperatures you guys are/were reading in what kind of situations!

I never have temperature issues - oil is always beetween 70�C and 100�C, but rarely more. Air-temp before engine is usually between 30�C and 50�C - former being achieved at cool nights (outside temp between 12�C and 18�C), the latter after really pushing the car for a while in hot weather (25�C - 35�C). On a hot day, it’s usually somewhere between 40�C and 50�C.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Yep, it is fitted with a two channel display. The first the oil pressure, second the oil tempurature. I’ve yet to fix the fault with the oil pressure sensor. The oil temperature is around the 70 degree mark when used on the road. On the few tracks days I have done, its reached the mid 90s. I won’t be happy until I’ve managed to get closer to Jamie’s record of 107, I’ll keep trying !

Those are interesting temperature stats for inlet temperatures. First impressions a 20 degree increase seems reasonable.

Has any one else measured the inlet temps for any other forced induction ? Be interesting to see if the 220/240 really do suffer from heat soak of the inter cooler.

Great kit though. Despite the critic in the states, it certainly seems to deliver what bemani claim, I’m not disappointed.

I try not to be a critic but blind loyalty bugs me…asking to see a “real” dyno sheet should be a concern of all aftermarket supercharged car owners just to know you get what you pay for… My temps before chargecooler at 13.3psi 90f ambient at 110mph up a steep grade for 5mi. are 256f after chargecooler are 106*f…

. I won’t be happy until I’ve managed to get closer to Jamie’s record of 107, I’ll keep trying !

I will call you a wuss if you have not got near after the summer

Sorry Frank didn’t mean to be rude, lets all agree to leave the dyno graphs behind.

My temps before chargecooler at 13.3psi 90f ambient at 110mph up a steep grade for 5mi. are 256f after chargecooler are 106*f…

Interesting, 41 *c ( 106 *f), at 110 mph for 5 miles isn’t much of a soak (<3 minutes), any figures for track work ? Does your installation use an air/air charge cooler ? Any idea what the pressure drop across the Charge cooler is at full throttle ?

Jason my setup is a A/W chargecooler not an A/A"S"…There is a 2psi. drop after the chargecooler…15.3 in 13.3psi out…Do you know your presure drop?

No idea atm, interested tho. Also an A/W config. It’s looks less than half the size of the A/A used by lotus. It’s wrapped up with heat reflective tape too so can’t easily get a part number off it either to look at the spec sheets. Which make/ part # have you used ?

Have you also got the cc radiator at the front cut into the under tray ?

I don’t know how to post pics here but if you look over at http://www.monkeytuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=661&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 you can see before and after pics of my manifold and chargecooler…amd more… All of my stuff is custom except for the blower a MP62, now that is the same as the “S”… I have a verticaly mounted heat exchanger in front so when the fans kick in there is allways cool air flowing over the heatexchanger in traffic and I’m also using the two front mounted oil coolers as heat exchangers…I’ve mounted a rear oil cooler…with a much shorter run there is less of a oil presure drop…

Those are interesting temperature stats for inlet temperatures. First impressions a 20 degree increase seems reasonable.

I just found out that my temps might have been a little high, given that my outlet of the cooler in front of the car was damaged (hit a rock on the road which did minor damage to that area under the car). I have now got a new outlet underneath, so will be able to see if I have lower temps when driving. On first glance, it is a bit lower by around 3-5�C. It’s hard to say though: Different temp, weather, etc.

I’ll keep an eye out next time I go driving a little longer!

Cheers Phil