Jackson SuperCharger..

The little voices have been calling me again…

So, I’m off to the states soon, and thought it might make sense to pick up a supercharger whilst I was there - should save a fair whack of money I think ? (I’m a pikey!)

So, questions :

1. What sort of weight is it going to be?
  2. Will it fit in my suitcase on the way home?
  3. Which exact model do I want (heard things about DC5 manifolds etc) ??

Been looking here :

http://www.supercharger.com/Browse/PlateMenuProducts.aspx?WebCatalogID=19&PlateTypeID=1

IIRC it’s the Acura RSX (DC5) one you want, part number 989-554.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

:astonished: :cry:

Is that your order request Jonny??
With some sort of carbon code?
:smiley:

Sorry Jonny !

Dave it comes in a Huuge box, I will PM you my number. I can give you the full low down.

Just another loss for jonny to the dark side! :whistle:

Right you want the one for integra DC5/Acura RSX part number 989-554 does ring a bell but I would need to check.

It will come with crap RC 550 injectors, get shut of them and get some seimens deka 60lb(630cc) jobs. Cheap and a billion times better, you can use the wiring adapters, fuel rail spacers and bolts from the kit.

It will come with a 4" pulley installed, you want to change this for a 3.4" ( I have one going spare for some beer money)

You will need a different size charger belt.

Keep the standard tensioner, the manual one is crap.

The kit comes pre assembled, as in the charger and inlet are already built. To this end add loads of packing and you get a LARGE heavy box.

Moss are not the cheapest to buy one from, or at least they were not when I have bought them. Try Jeff Marr at Modacar.

broken down does it fit in a suitcase?

Opening an office in boston, so could relay race it back in parts on business trips.

T

when you say broken down do you mean just taken out of the box and packing? If so then its would be a squeeze. As I said above it comes pre assembled, you would probably need to remove the charger from the inlet manifold.

If you are keeping the omex I have a map to get you going.

yeah remove the blower from the manifold, then bring it back in parts on separate trips (i’m out a fair bit)

is it really worth the faff???

meh debatable, as it’s about 500 saved