Jacking up an Exige

What is the best way to “Jack up” an Exige for wheel removal or inspection ?

What sort of jack and where should it go ?

Many thanks guys

Henry

Use a trolley jack on the chassis rail…look for a round blue sticker infront of the rear wheel arch. This is the only (manual) jacking point & will raise the front & rear wheels together.

Tim.

If you need to raise both back wheels, I lift up one side, take the wheel off at the rear, slide under 2*2ft long railway sleeper chunks under the bottom ball joint. With the railway sleeper, they dont mank up the balljoint coz they are wood, and they are very stable allowing you to do the same to the other side. Had to do this the other day to get 2 rear tyres fitted.

Thanks Tim,

It’s obvious when you know how but you know who it is with us new Exige owners.

Do you know what torque to tighten the wheels to ?

Thanks

Henry

Do you know what torque to tighten the wheels to ?

60NM

If its an S1 then torque to 80Nm

Don’t know for an S2

60NM

60 ftlb Pesky…

60 ftlb Pesky…

Sorry, I get confused after a few scoops

If it’s an S2 it’s 105 Nm.
John

60 ftlb Pesky…

Sorry, I get confused after a few scoops

LOL… just keepin’ it real…

Sorry to reopen this thread but…

I was looking to take the rear wheel off to have a good look at the air filter, brakes etc on my S2, and maybe clean the filter if necessary. I looked up the jacking points in the manual and it shows them quite clearly, followed by ‘However do not attempt to use these jacking points if the diffuser plate is fitted’ (or something along those lines)…now this maybe a stupid question but does this mean I have to remove the diffuser first?! If so how do I get underneath the car to do this? Annoyingly I only have a regular trolley jack and axle stands so the jack literally scraps its way along the diffuser plate under the car…any hints or do I need to invest in another jack?! TIA

Jonny

As posted earlier by Tim_Marra (and if you are talking S2), if you just want to remove the one wheel (N/S I assume?), use a trolley jack on the blue chassis rail sticker by the back of the door - remember to put some folded rag or thin wood on the jack so as not to damage the rail.

Yep trolley jack under the door, B point according to the manual I think, that’ll get both wheels up on one side. I had the front up doing this last week, B takes both up on one side, pop an axel stand under A lower and repeat other side to get both front up. See tecwiki on Seloc, from memory they had info on the rear as well.