I've decided to join the Honda brigade!

For about the same price as a conversion I get a WHOLE car!

PLUS, if I stack it backwards (which is admittedly hard with all that understeer) I get to keep the engine for the Lotus.

I CAN’T LOSE!!!

Ian :slight_smile:

Really!

Nice one… I had the original Type R… good fun! :wink:

I don’t think it’s as fun as the original to drive but is a neat place to sit.

Well done Ian - I’ll have to come and have a look. I’ll give you a bell tomorrow.

I hear that its gonna snow again later this week,…the handbrake is your friend for liberating the engine for a higher purpose :wink:

Don’t bank on it being “Lotus” friendly - it’s got quite a few differences to the K20A engine/gearbox :wink:

Um, I’m a in a little bit of trouble with the old handbrake. I pirouetted the (soon to depart) Puma around beautifullly outside the house on the ice (well, it had narrowed with all the snow, no room for a 3-point turn, etc), you know perfectly graceful 180o jobbie.

Lisa asked me to get out of the car and come back inside as I couldn’t be trusted to continue my journey safely. She wasn’t even in the car!

Ian :wink:

Noted. Just look out for a K-series Civic Type-R in a few months. :wink:

[quote=IDG]Um, I’m a in a little bit of trouble with the old handbrake. I pirouetted the (soon to depart) Puma around beautifullly outside the house on the ice (well, it had narrowed with all the snow, no room for a 3-point turn, etc), you know perfectly graceful 180o jobbie.

Lisa asked me to get out of the car and come back inside as I couldn’t be trusted to continue my journey safely. She wasn’t even in the car!

Ian :wink:
[/quote]

Similar story - when we got in the car after it had snowed again Rory piped up in the back ‘Daddy can you do some skids pleeeaaasse’? Pretending to ignore it I executed a nice slow motion hand brake induced power slide to which he reported ‘That was a really good skid Daddy’ :slight_smile: Jane not impressed… :frowning:

Nice car Ian, looks excellent in red… :sunglasses:

Nice indeed, went to look at a replacement for my aged Fiesta at the weekend, A3 TDi DSG, sadly the car was a pile of rubbish, it was supposed to have 26k miles but looked more like 100k miles, I didn’t think cars were easy to clock anymore or am I sadly wrong?

Nah, i clocked about 6 A3’s on the A1 yesterday & they all looked rubbish :wink:

LMAO! :smiley:

Unfortunatly they are now easier than ever to clock and the VAG group seem to be the easiest. A simple tool from E-Bay for �300 will enable you to type in what ever mileage you want.

clucking bells! :frowning:

So when you (finally) pick yer Exige up from JSRacing Ian I presume you’re dropping off the new one…it would be rude not to :wink:

I’m sure John and Sean will do ‘Special Price’ :slight_smile:

Plus if Lisa has not been in it yet she’ll never know…it’s genius :sunglasses:

Ben, from the 200 miles I’ve now done in it I think the cost of tyres is going to be a concern WITHOUT that!

It’s fun, a nice place to sit and that engine and box are a hoot, even if the chassis is fundamentally flawed (too stiff, over damped and loves to undesteer). More thn plenty good enough for its purpose and cracking value.

Those boys at JSR, cleaned the car and found a brake light problem, go figure. So it’s still there…might as well get the suspension, geo and brakes ready for the coming season whilst it’s there now. At least I’m saving on the Carcoon!