It's got WHAT drivetrain?!

“Nissan has revealed its 2015 FIA World Endurance Championship LMP1 race car. Called the GT-R LMP1 it is powered by a front-mounted 3-litre turbo-charged [hybrid] petrol engine driving the front axle [to the tune of 1250bhp!!!] to provide the maximum traction. … has wider front wheels than it does rear (14in compared to 9in)”

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/the-nissan-gt-r-lm-nismo-is-a-front-wheel-drive-1-250-h-1683150735

Woe mama!!

:confused: :open_mouth: :astonished: :crazy: :eh: :exclamation: :question: :ugeek: :lolno:

Wow, some proper technology going into that

minus the jet engine…

Holy torque steer Batman you’re right :smiley:

LOL!

If the power steering goes on that bad boy you’re screwed!

How odd.

Wow thats a pretty interesting car actually. Had seen the picture but looked ugly so didn’t read anything about it. Really intrigued to see how it performs.

Yeah i’ve read a bit about this too. Weird man. Like you say if the power steering goes, its all over.

Interesting that it says somewhere in that article that it’s ‘primarily front wheel drive’, so it likely sends power to the rear axle in a similar way some of the other hybrid racers send it to the front when necessary. I like the fact that innovation still has a place, particularly in endurance racing, the main issue with this sort of thing that it puts them out all on their own as far as tyre development goes.
I’ve seen endurance drivers clamber exhausted out of the mid engined, rear drive racers on the rare occasion that their power steering has failed, this would be a workout and a half!

The innovation is down to an apparently dyslexic chap Ben Bowlby that led the funny delta wing thing.

Warning explicit imagery follows!..

amazing isn’t it