It's alive !!!

Seems as if the first leak occurred whilst the car was raised at the rear, so the oil just collected alongside the oil cooler pipes !!

I think the second weep was actually just oil draining back from the “reservoir” of the chassis rails…

Excellent! Looking very very cool

Maybe next year will do something similar

Nice one Uldis!!

hats off to you Uldis… i have sooo many questions…

Bugger! I was sooo sure I was going to be on the road last night around 11:00PM, but 12:30 came I still needed to fix both undertrays, the front plate and rear grills.
Went to sleep.

It seems that I couldn’t just fit the speaker panel and seats, nooo, I had to trim the wires left there in a bunch by the chap who installed the new speakers, and of course had to vacuum the whole cabin, something just doesn’t let me leave it lke that.

And I will still run for a few days without fog and reverse lights! The ones I had bought were too long (as in deep) and there is a bracket exactly behind, so investigated a bit and did not findanything like I wanted, anywhere in the world!
Will make my own,
It will actually look cool because they will be LEDs, they will pierce through the reflector, 9 x 5mm leds in total and will illuminate more than stock.
These are the brighteste 5mmm LED’s, only the materials cost me �67 from rswww!

Oh well, tonight!

Uldis,

Been loking at your pictures, did you fit the MGF gearbox or is it the one it came with?
PR3 = MGF

Nope, it’s the same it came with.
I sent the box for some preventive maintenance to the guy that prepared the boxes for the MGF cup. I also bought a new Quaife LSD which I sent him and he fitted.
But it’s my same box (I know because I had put some marks on it and the same were there). Maybe he just labeled it as the other ones?
Or maybe the PG1 and the PR3 are exactly the same?

PR3 is the vehicle code name for the original MGF.

Mark

Ain’t the PG1 in the MG as well ??

If it is, then isn’t it likely that the refurb guy just writes that code on them all ??

Rox,

It is yes, as well as in numerous other vehicles (Freelander R75 etc).

I was just surprised to see it on an Elise box, hence my question as I didn’t know Uldis had had it rebuilt.

cheers Mark

No 'ring report then ??

cheers Mark

No 'ring report then ??

We got 3rd in the karting

The Toyos work better than 48’s in snow!

I got 230kph out of the Exige on the Autobahn.

We drank lots of beer!

Thinmk that was about it really

Yep, it’s been rebuilt. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but just preventively.
They found3 synchro rings worn and one bushing cracked.
Ah, and they fitted a Quaife LSD.

Now, good news is that… It works!
Been out yesterday for a 60 mile drive and the only problems are:
-one positioning light fell off (the very small one, inside the clam)
-manifold is not sealing well (but I knew this). I think I need new studs and nuts and possibly washers. I think the EBD flange is thinner than the Janspeed and the nut reaches the unthreaded part before tightening on the flange.

Apart from this, first impressions are:
-map is off (but I knew that), kind of rough below 2K, but I set a high idle at 1500rpm for now.
-above 2K, the engine feels like it wants to rev really eagerly.
-there is very little drive lash. Before, on or off teh throttle would induce a big “step”, this feels more direct.

Apart from that, the Yip came to visit me with a vengeance, and everything seems to be well put back together.

Now the bad news… Its SNOWING!

Well done Uldis, I’m most impressed with your handywork & attention to detail

All you need now are Motorsport plus Edwards front splitters, & you’ll have the fastest snow plough in the world

Not too fast, since I will be… spinning the tyres!
2"-3" was there this morning and now it’s snowing heavily.

How am I going to rack up the miles to run it in?

BRW, question for somebody.
When I reached the top of the mountain yesterday I got off the car, opened the hood to have a glance at the engine (don’t know why, didn’t have a light anyway ), but apart from the glowing red manifold (still lean obviously) in the pitch black I saw that blue light was dancing on top of the sparkplug wires. Looked cool, but may not be the best.

If this is just insulation deterioration it must have happened over time. But then, I would expect a spark to be happening at one point exactly.
Instead, it was like those decorative crystal thingies that have some kind of spark on top of the wires. All of them. It made the white letters in the insulation glow faintly, like neon.

Weird.

Has anybody seen this?

Sounds like your flux capacitor is on the way out

Uldis - Have you got Red Magnecors ??

No, I guess it’s time to look into that as well…

Or, do you have some for sale?

Standard leads do this and even red magnecors do… In fact they all do

But as long as the spark isn’t arching from the lead to another lead of the cam cover then it’s not a problem.

Does look the nuts tho’

Ok, so no worries then…