ITG Induction

Have the ITg on my S2 and it sonds fantastic.

The fuel consumption on my car is not particularly good though and I wonder if it the filter needs cleaning.

Does anyone else with the ITG know how often / what you are supposed to do to clean the filter? (mine came on the car so I have no instructions for it)

Cheers

i would be interested in simular comments on Pipercross too…

Just orderesd one for my 240R
Needs cleaning every 7500 km is what my dealer told me

How much are the ITG’s and can they be easily fitted by someone with all thumbs and no fingers?

Do they give any performance gains apart from noise?

Not too bad to fit apparently but can be fiddly

They will give some BHP gains. I would guess anywhere between 5-8 bhp but dont know this for sure.

My dealer told me it gives 8 Hp on a NA car
Dont know how much with the compressor

8 bhp is quite significant in a light car like the Exige, worth having definitely

My dealer told me it gives 8 Hp on a NA car

He would though, wouldn’t he

Wilsons told me yesterday that to fit ITG it requires removal of the left rear wheel and disassembly of the wheel arch to get access to fit the kit and can be therefore quite long and fiddly, requiring ramps…

Don’t you have to fit the air meter as well? That was the bit I thought would be difficult.

By just removing the sidepod from the exige gives you enough access.

Wilsons told me yesterday that to fit ITG it requires removal of the left rear wheel and disassembly of the wheel arch to get access to fit the kit and can be therefore quite long and fiddly, requiring ramps…

Yes , you need to remove the wheel arch plastic cover, just jack up the left side- romove wheel -then take out the wheel arch cover thats held on by screws.
You get full step by step instructions with the kit , i fited my itg in about one hour.

Does anyone else with the ITG know how often / what you are supposed to do to clean the filter? (mine came on the car so I have no instructions for it)

Cheers

You can only get ‘guidelines’ but it needs cleaned everytime it gets dirty… that might be at 7500 miles or it might be at 750 miles … i check and clean my air filter very regularly (about as much as i top the oil up or change the cheesy brake pads that i use ). For example, i cleaned it before and after TutTowers2005 and it needed it more afterwards than it did beforehand…

Thanks guys.

Does it say how to clean it in the instructions?

I’ve got the pipercross, fitted it 2 weeks ago. I’m not mechanically gifted but managed to fit it in about an hour. I’m very pleased with it. Nice sound on hard accelleration more in keeping with the car and it seems to have a bit more low down grunt. I have it with the stage 1 exhaust but I’ve heard it’s too loud with the stage 2.

I’ve got the pipercross, fitted it 2 weeks ago. I’m not mechanically gifted but managed to fit it in about an hour. I’m very pleased with it. Nice sound on hard accelleration more in keeping with the car and it seems to have a bit more low down grunt. I have it with the stage 1 exhaust but I’ve heard it’s too loud with the stage 2.

Same as me… I tried it with a Stage 2 on a demonstrator, and agree… for me the Stage 1 plus pipercross growl does the job… wont have issues at trackdays either

I had both on until last weekend when I put the standard zaust back on cos I am going to Croft on the 18th. I loved the noise and put most of it down to the stage 2. But cant believe how evil the induction kit sounds on 2nd cam.