is it safe to leave your exige parked outside?

hi im new to this forum and hoping to get an s2 exige in august for my 25th birthday!, im worried because i dont have a garage at my house and my current car is parked on a main road, i live in a village but traffic isnt too bad but im more concerned about weather and didnt know if this can cause problems. has anybody here got there exiges parked outside and been left out in the rain and ok? thanks

ben

Mine is on drive and no leaks (the S1 boys have that problem :wink: ), but I have recently invested in a cover.

it would be a shame for me not to get an exige as ive been wanting one since they first came out, and i have some money coming my way i can afford one. maybe me having a cover will be essential to have if i want to have an exige

Yep. get one of these and all will be fine.

Mines been outside on the drive for the last couple of years with no probs. Just need to clear the snow off the radiator/engine before you set off. Don’t see the point of a cover if your going to be using it everyday. Wont it move around in the wind and cause swirl marks where it rubs the dirt in?
I’d be more worried about people touch parking if your going to leave it on a main road as it hasn’t got any bumpers.

As a Long John Silver impersonator :wink:

[quote=Neil_C]Mines been outside on the drive for the last couple of years with no probs. Just need to clear the snow off the radiator/engine before you set off. Don’t see the point of a cover if your going to be using it everyday. Wont it move around in the wind and cause swirl marks where it rubs the dirt in?
I’d be more worried about people touch parking if your going to leave it on a main road as it hasn’t got any bumpers. [/quote]

i would be using it everyday,so i would sell my car and have exige as my only pride and joy. just hate english weather and the rain is the devil

As a Long John Silver impersonator :wink: [/quote]

:smiley:

My S2 lived outside on my drive and was always dry when I got in it. Thank god for the AC though as they can take a while to demist.

+1 Good point

Mine’s outside and fine under a cover.

If I leave the cover off and it rains I get a terrible misfire , so I just leave the cover on…

Yep needs to go under a cover for sure otherwise your grilles will rust like mad.
Another point is parking on a main road, I never leave mine parallel parked as they are so low people reverse into them. I did it once in my old elise against my better judgement (nowhere else to go, missus saying she wont walk far because its raining) came back, clam split. Never again.

Boothy

For some of us the insurance insists the car is garaged overnight when at home, so make sure your policy allows the car to be left outside 24hrs/day (at home)

[quote=jfk]

If I leave the cover off and it rains I get a terrible misfire , so I just leave the cover on… [/quote]

Does leaving the cover on cause you any problems while driving seeing other traffic? :confused: :smiley:

[quote=Boothy]I never leave mine parallel parked as they are so low people reverse into them.
Boothy [/quote]

Boothy … your timing to say this is impeccable…
While parked outside my parents yesterday , my Dad reversed and smacked in the front of my car !!!

However, as Jonnyfox say’s “There is a God !”… It was my Golf that got it and not the Exige … Thank God I’d not took that off the drive …
:cry: :cry: :cry:

[quote=jfk][quote=Boothy]I never leave mine parallel parked as they are so low people reverse into them.
Boothy [/quote]

While parked outside my parents yesterday , my Dad reversed and smacked in the front of my car !!!

However, as Jonnyfox say’s “There is a God !”… It was my Golf that got it and not the Exige … Thank God I’d not took that off the drive …
:cry: :cry: :cry: [/quote]

:smiley: There is a God mate and he drive an S2…although he makes do with a n/a :wink:

evo_ufo?

[quote=jonnyfox][quote=jfk][quote=Boothy]I never leave mine parallel parked as they are so low people reverse into them.
Boothy [/quote]

:cry: :cry: :cry: [/quote]

:smiley: There is a God mate and he drive an S2…although he makes do with a n/a :wink: [/quote]

He is only driving an S2, while JSRacing are doing an Audi conversion to his S1!! :smiley: :smiley:

Mine is indoors, but the Lotus dealer I bought it from leaves theirs outside for months.

If you want a cover, these people are excellent.

I bought an indoor one from them and its a perfect fit - even has the shaped pockets for the mirrors.

I got the 4 layer Mosoon cover from cover-zone and very happy with it.