Interesting Review of S2

Nice one Pat if its there I will def make the effort

I agree with Pesky’s comments in many respects (I too came from an Evo VI to an Exige) but since parting with my S1 Exige I have yearned for a replacement and the S2 Exige “could” fulfill that. I am not really intending to pass judgement until I drive it. I am not really sure how I feel about the looks until I see it in the flesh but if I am honest with myself I don’t think it is as good a looker as the S1.

I had a chat with Bell and Colvill and they are fairly confident they can rip some of the weight out of it, making it a touch more raw and they even suggested they might be able to remove the ABS system too. They’re just waiting to get one in so as I can go and have a look

BTW, if anyone knows where my old S1 is these days it would be nice to hear, it is black reg: AO51 APU.

Jon.

WELL SAID PESKY.YOU HAVE ONLY TO SIT IN AN S1 AT TICKOVER TO KNOW ITS DIFFERENT.ONCE YOU DRIVE IT YOURE HOOKED.NUFF SAID.

I had a chat with Bell and Colvill and they are fairly confident they can rip some of the weight out of it, making it a touch more raw and they even suggested they might be able to remove the ABS system too. They’re just waiting to get one in so as I can go and have a look

B&C don’t have one yet?!! For one of the biggest dealers in the country that doesn’t sound right.

By offering to rip stuff out it means they must agree that it’s no S1.

They owe me a call on the S2. I want the try the 111R and Exige back-to-back.

Ian

It arrived this week.

I spoke to the engineers about “lightening the load” so whether they are up on sales and marketing speech and whether they would say “the right thing” is questionable. But they certainly felt that the S2 “could be” made to be much more like the S1, but they agreed with me that the standard spec seemed a bit toned down when compared to the S1.

Jon

BTW, I think it will be a week or so before they are offering test drives in the S2 because they want to get it run in first. Or else we all get test drives at 4000 rpm or below

Jon.

I’ll run it in if they like

But it wouldn’t feel right mike with suspension that soft, what with your springs!

But whenever I do a track day, it always rains, so it’d be grrrrrrreat !!