Interesting Brake Information.

http://www.bgdevelopments.co.uk/technical-tips/pad-bedding-in/pagid

Lotus use to recommend something like getting them really hot and then standing on the pedal really hard for a minute or two.

I once worked briefly with the Ford rally team and to get dozens of sets of pads ready for a rally they used to send some poor guy up/down/up a runway for each set, took a couple of days.

The same instructions are in the leaflet with Pagid blue pads (or at least used to be). It makes a difference to bedding in, life and general performance, particularly when new.

I’ll need to bed my new PF pads in at Anglesey. Hopefully I can get it done without annoying the other drivers.

From what I remember, one of the main benefits of the PF pads is the lack of bedding in required, they have a slightly softer initial layer which is the really dusty bit, but this prepares everything nicely, just use them straight off like you would with a bedded in pads, get a little heat in them and they are ready to go.

Nope they do need a bed in
My 08 pads made a teriible noise and vibrations during thier first 4or5 laps

Ah, good to know Dave, I had same issue couple weeks ago at Phillip Island … thought I’d trashed the discs !

No squel like the 01 compound either …