Insurance

Im due to renew my insurance on my S2 Exige, however I was just wondering if any of you had had particularly good quotes from anyone in particular? Im 24 and currently with Admiral and have 4 yrs no claims, however the renewal came in slightly higher than I expected. Im not overly fussed about trackday insurance but if it was included it�s a bonus (though Im not expecting this after I got a quote for insuring some of my racing bits ) Also, they assure me that insurance cannot be issued to me that covers me third party on other cars by them or anyone else until I am 25, however a broker insists that this is not the case. (He failed to point me in the direction of someone who could and since I was in a rush I forgot to ask!) Does anyone have any experience of this? Im currently insured on a few other cars and the price starts to build up quickly (Not for me though!). Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i had 3rd party any car when i was 19 (2001) so its definitely possible. Name of co. escapes me but will check for you.

Im due to renew my insurance on my S2 Exige, however I was just wondering if any of you had had particularly good quotes from anyone in particular? Im 24 and currently with Admiral and have 4 yrs no claims, however the renewal came in slightly higher than I expected…Also, they assure me that insurance cannot be issued to me that covers me third party on other cars by them or anyone else until I am 25

Any Insurer can set their own terms, & which risks they will insure (in addition to the legal minimum requirements). It is not unusual for there to be no 3rd party cover if you’re driving someone else’s car, & in fact it is becoming the norm.

I know an elise owner who was inadvertently caught out by this (hadn’t read the renewal terms properly) & got done 6 points & �60 for driving without insurance whilst driving another car.

my renewal with LV was just over �2K this time - went to compare.com and ended up going with sainsburys for �900.

rang LV to cancel and they miraculously found away to knock almost �800 off.

wish i’d done it last year!

my renewal with LV was just over �2K this time

LV?

my renewal with LV was just over �2K this time

LV?

Luncheon Vouchers ?

Liverpool Victoria i imagine!

liverpool victoria indeed.

I just got a quote of �1023 from Admiral for a 2005 S2 which I didn’t think was too bad considering I’m 24 with 4NCB like the OP.

I got �1100 from elephant for my Exige S. I’m 22. 3 points (sp60). 2 claims (1 fault/1 non fault) and i have 1 Year NCB… bells and whistles policy too 250 excess and hire car.

I got �1100 from elephant for my Exige S. I’m 22. 3 points (sp60). 2 claims (1 fault/1 non fault) and i have 1 Year NCB… bells and whistles policy too 250 excess and hire car.

How did you manage that???

Im older, have 0 points and 3 years NCB and I pay more then that…also with elephant.

Aah, the great “Post Code Lottery” no doubt!

Combined with limited mileage?

Still around I see mark, have you not got rid of that ford of yours yet You really need to buy one of these fella, at the moment I really cant see what I would change too.

Still exige hunting?

Ian

Still around I see mark, have you not got rid of that ford of yours yet You really need to buy one of these fella, at the moment I really cant see what I would change too.

Still exige hunting?

Ian

Evening Ian.

Yes, still got the Focus. The driveshaft is currently broken though!

Long story short, I think I’m back looking for one. I tried to resist but the lure of the Exige is hard to resist. I still can’t believe I haven’t test driven one yet, I’ve been so busy in the past 3 months. I’ll get out in one next month and see how I get on.

I’m glad your new car is everything you hoped it would be…and more.

Mark

Yeah it is pants with postcodes…but i do have my 50y old mum as a second driver (who drives another car on a regular basis) policy is in my name

I ended up going back to admiral…I rang up and asked if they could reduce my premium cos they had been undercut and they had given me such good service etc…and I got it down to 805 all in. Not too bad really I guess. Could have been less though!!