Insurance

Has anyone been ‘pleased’ with any insurance quotations they’ve recieved recently?I understand that ‘pleased’and’insurance’ are rarely seen in the same sentence,but I’m dissapointed with the renewal premiun I’ve just got.
Thanks for any pointers…

Speak with JohnO (Exige owner) the gaffer at Autotorque tel. no. 0161 278 5226.

Thanks Mr.Pesky…I’ll give them a call Any other recomendations?

SI

JohnO is worth a bet… but I was happy with Privelege and Tesco quotes - however, renewals with either since March 2003 then Track-Day cover is specifically excluded.

Thanks RoxTeddy

I only pay �300 to competition car insurance, but that is on limited mileage…

They are also very helpful…

Cheers Mike

I usually have a problem due to postcode.

Recent quotes have been around the �800 mark.

But gone with Esteem (again) as it’s �790 for 5000 miles per year and includes trackday cover at �25 a day, it’s also got a sensible excess.

Mike

IIRC, your “road” miles are restricted to 1000 per annum, right? Do you get trackday cover included?

PS How old are you (I know you’re just a whippernsnapper, compared to moi - NOT!!! ).

Mike

how limited is limited?? I reckon i could easily clock up a few thousand at track days in a year… ?

OK

The deal is 1000 miles on the road, but track days are not covered, and nor do they count towards the 1000

So I keep a separate record of all the miles I do on track and can prove to the insurer the difference in the mileometer reading.

The use of my trailer does keep the miles down…

Rob - officially I was born 19th Aug 1953 which means that I am [color:“red”]FIFTY [/color]

ps - don’t tell anyone !!!

But gone with Esteem (again) as it’s �790 for 5000 miles per year and includes trackday cover at �25 a day, it’s also got a sensible excess.

I’m with them and are relatively happy but as my Exige is deemed a ‘Classic’ (go figure, seemed a tad early to me) my mileage is unlimited (although I only do a few thou). Mark, did that change for you this year?

Ian

Only had the Exige since November so price is approx the same as the extra over the S160 for unlimited miles (approx �1100, and that was my renewal quote).

The change to limited has reduced my bill quite a bit (pays for the new discs ). Basically I’ve done this before, where you take out a policy based on 5000miles, and you use those up early, so call them up and get more added on, and they work it out pro rata based on the remainder of the policy so a lot cheaper than taking out a 8000mile policy in the 1st place .

The trackday thing has changed for me, as of today as my old policy runs out and the new one starts. As my old policy renewed just before they changed their terms and conditions last year I did approx 15 trackdays in 2003 for no additional insurance cost , I won’t be doing so many this year due to work commitments unfortunatly.

They told me limiting the miles wouldn’t reduce the quote. Odd. Obviously I didn’t.

Ian

Mike

that’s pretty interesting - how do you ‘prove’ the miles you clock up are all track-day miles?

Ian,

They did tell me it didn’t always make a difference, but in my case it did.

Mind you they don’t ask for the current mileage?

Mike

that’s pretty interesting - how do you ‘prove’ the miles you clock up are all track-day miles?

Well Mike - I suppose it comes down to trust, but then again I can prove that I paid for the track days, and I only tend to do between 50 and 75 miles each time I go…

They seem good guys !!