Insurance Time - A Plan

Renewal time

Just got a quote from ‘A Plan’ got their number from Pistonheads Lotus forum, does anybody use them i got a very good price from them ?

Phil G

Never heard of that one. Have you tried AON (Lotus Esteem)?

Tim.

Never heard of them either - who is the policy with?

Never heard of them either - who is the policy with?

Not sure BTH

But i have been quoted �429 with �250 Excess 8k miles

I have the s1 exige, the 111R, the Esprit GT3 and the MINI Cooper insured with A-Plan. Like you I got the contact via Pistonheads. They were lowest by far of any of the companies I called and were realy helpful.

Jim

Do they do trackdays?

Cheers, Ian

im also with A plan, saved me over �400.
They use markerstudy but I do not believe they cover track days.

AON are the official Lotus Insurer in the UK. I had my first elise s2 insured with them for a year or 2 and then for some unknown reason they put the premium up massively. Never used them since, but worth getting a quote.

I got various quotes for my insurance recently and eventually went with Sainsburys believe it or not. I’m in my 40s 5 years no claims on a s2 exige. I got a quote of just over �500.I took out the breakdown cover which was �70 extra in case that silly inflater thing fails to blow my tyres up.

Just got off the Phone from AON who quoted me �1258 with a �500 excess

I just might be giving A-Plan a call back

I re-insured with Autotorque yesterday on my Audi beastie thing and it came to �850. They called me back within minutes too.

You could try Herts Insurance Consultants (HIC) 0870 8148 814. Just advertised in EVO with free trackday insurance.

Might be worth a quote at least.

.I took out the breakdown cover which was �70 extra in case that silly inflater thing fails to blow my tyres up.

AA Roadside is alot cheaper than that

Tim.

I re-insured with Autotorque yesterday on my Audi beastie thing and it came to �850. They called me back within minutes too.

Audi engine is obviously considered less of a risk than an official Lotus 190 upgrade…go figure

…unless they know you drive like a big girlie

just a thought…do you think if we all got together as a collective we could get a fleet ploicy?

Group buy?