Insurance shock horror

Just recieved my insurance renewal quote �995 Thats an increase of �250 from last year, apparently the car has been reclassified, according to Liverpool Victoria.
John

�250

I’m pay �750 with elephant.co.uk

I’m pay �750 with elephant.co.uk

But no track cover, matey

PS Do they know about the Stage 2 exhaust & ITG? If not, it would be wise to inform them.

Mines just over �900 with Esteem. That is for unlimited mileage, still has my (ex) 26 year old girlfriend on it and its currently ungaraged.

They know about the Stage 2 and ITG.

Trackday cover is �30 per event.

Could be worse.

spoke to an insurance co… its more expensive than an s1 because they their classified as a soft top so bought by posers and not drivers

try eggar lawson. I’m paying 950 ish, with 8 points and a couple of prangs. twat that I am.

spoke to an insurance co… its more expensive than an s1 because they their classified as a soft top so bought by posers and not drivers

Come on, that can’t really be true?!

Ian

My previous year’s premium with Esteem was aprox �550 (3000mls), this year �712 (4000mls)

Elephant quoted �543 (4000mls). Esteem will cover me for �612 (3000mls).

Must have been a bad year for claims. Or maybe the S2 has attracted the ‘wrong’ type of attention

More cars=more bad drivers=more claims

Tim.

well im seeing some of theses and thinking would be nice not too pay as much as i am mine is �1000 for the year! but its parked on the drive and i have it as daily use! so that probabbly doesnt help.
i see people saying about track insurance any one tell me how that works?
do you get a new one if you make a pigs ear of it?
as one of the boys at works favourite saying is never take what youre not willing to leave at the track?

Tim, I think it may be as simple as the S1 generally becoming considered a ‘classic’ by most insurance companies as soon as they stopped making it in 2002 (or perhaps the fact it had the engine of a Rover helped with that! ).

shb, track insurance is pretty much what it sounds like, bin it on track they cough up. Usually there is a much higher excess, often 10% of the car’s value, and sometimes you have a pay a premium for each day (Not with Liverpool Victoria I believe (although I think they no longer offer it), 1% of value with Esteem, �75 with Autotorque and Competition Insurance, but they throw in a few free days).

You may have to leave it at the track but at last you can go buy a new one! Personally I think it means you can enjoy the car’s limits a little more.

Ian

Ian,I’m not sure about the classic status. When I bought the s1 Exige(2001) it was no more expensive to insure than my lightly modified s1 Elise at the time. Switching to the s2 last year didn’t really alter the premium either, I’ve just seen a big increase this time around.

It was the track day cover that swung it for me in the end though.

Tim.

Oh well, clearly not a simple as I thought.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but saved starting another. Are there any insurance companies that will (sensibely)cover a 24 year old?

Edit: Pleasantly suprised with my 1st quote, Elephant quoted me �910 which I think is good for a 24 year old. With a bit of luck I might get it cheaper than that.

im 23 and iv got an exige s on a 06 plate i pay 620 quid a year from admiral i have 6 years no claims tho and pass plus…
if ya take ya iam test you save 20% i think as well.

Matt - That is a bargain. Is that your only car ?? I run two cars and pay about double for the exige only. That based on 8K miles per year in the exige / garaged / insured for business use / garaged and I am 24

i’m 26 got an Exige S with Tesco for �912, 8 years NCD

oh and 6 points

Matt - That is a bargain. Is that your only car ?? I run two cars and pay about double for the exige only. That based on 8K miles per year in the exige / garaged / insured for business use / garaged and I am 24

Yeh thats my only car, 5000miles, social only and ncp, im a named driver on both my mum and dads cars thats about it really.
It really is a good price everyone one else wanted stupid amounts but iv stuck with admiral and they have never let me down on price etc

im 23 and iv got an exige s on a 06 plate i pay 620 quid a year from admiral i have 6 years no claims tho and pass plus…
if ya take ya iam test you save 20% i think as well.

That’s a fantastic price, I would have thought you would be paying >�1k. I have looked into the IAM test but never took booked it, looks like I might have to now.

FWIW I have a limited miles policy (3000/yr) & to add another 1000miles including home-work i was quoted �12

I have begrudgingly accepted

A-Plan 01635 874646, for me

35yr Old, 8k miles per year �420