Insurance recommendations please

Looking for companies to insure the S1. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Hi Fluffy,

I’ve literally just insured mine for the 4th year through REIS Motorsport Insurance and I can really recommend them. Agreed value was included and I believe track days can be added if you want too.

Great company to deal with too :thumbup:

Not my experience!!!
Asked for quote for the 3Eleven, spent about 30minutes giving all my details
Never came back with a price
I stayed with Matthew at Henderson taylir

I’m happy enough with classicline

Strange? I was insured with Matt at Henderson Taylor for many years before I moved to Reis! Both are good companies in my opinion but Reis provided me with a better quote and Matt couldn’t beat it.

I would recommend either!

Its not just all about the price though!!! Make sure you check the small print with REIS, The cover might not be the same as that covered by HT. The cover that REIS where speaking to me about had a limit of £50,000 for track cover (Absolutley useless on a £100000+ car!!!

Thank you for the advice!!! Yes I should check the small print, I never even thought of doing that!!!

And depends what policy you have, Classic or sportscar policy. There are pro’s and con’s to both.

Its best if you leave the Mrs jewellery and your posh watches at home when on a track day. Just sayin’ :lolno:

I used Matt at HT for the Exige. Good price, pleasant bloke, track days included

I’m also with Reis for my S1. There was a (fairly) recent similar thread here if it helps :thumbup:

Ended up with Footman James. Very helpful and a discount being a Club Lotus member.

Thank you all for your knowledge.

Manning in Henley are pretty good brokers. S1 has been with them for a few years now. Limited mileage policy, trackday cover, agreed value etc

Same :+1:t2:

Thought I’d add to this having just gone through it. Was with Manning UK before, I’ve always found them really good to deal with. The insurance on the Exige is about double what it used to cost me to insure the S1 Elise (all modifications declared) but I think it’s mostly to do with the car being worth more than 2x more.

Renewal came up but this time I also had to renew insurance on my daily too. A-Plan put together a good deal for me, beating the renewal prices on both cars with two new policies, I think the 2nd policy got a discount. Exige is insured with 5 trackdays (£1000 excess plus the normal policy excess). This was with 1 year NCD (the other policy has >10 yrs NCD on it), garaged at home, 3000 miles per year. I won’t put the actual amount seeing as that has so many variables. Manning were still competitive on the Exige but couldn’t get close on the daily.