Insurance query

Hello,

I want to put my car onto a committed agreed value policy when it renews shortly. I’ve been a bit slack about it, but want be bit more sensible !

Two questions, any recommendations (I’ve heard Henderson Taylor mentioned in the past).

Does anyone have an agreed value policy on a S1 Exige now, what sort of value are you getting/requesting?

Very wary after some feedback re insurers valuing a car after a friend had an accident in a modern classic recently and is now having to argue re reality of its replacement cost. Bit of wake up for me!

Cheers

1 Like

Henderson Taylor and Classic Line have always been pretty good for me with agreed value and track days, although I have not had a make a claim yet luckily.

Might also be worth asking who the underwriter is as ERS could be one to avoid from what I have read and heard :+1:

Henderson Taylor here, agreed value and track days, just renewed. Premium was up quite a bit (like everything else). I think track day cover is harder to come by these days. Given that one bash can easily write of an S1 I thought the premium was ok.

My S1 Exige is on an agreed value policy (and limited mileage) with Manning. I could have included track days, business mileage, commuting as options. My Evora is with them too, on a similar policy, and previously I’ve used REIS with agreed value.

Manning request the valuation be updated every 2 years, so my most recent one was July 2021 at £42,000.

Thanks for the feedback, I was interested as listened to a Carmudgeon podcast and was curious re true value to replace a car v what a commodity insurance company pay. Made me a bit more sensitive to getting car properly insured and valued.

I’m with classicline, agreed value, TD’s, European breakdown. The underwriter was ERS who I looked into and worried about the reviews but Frank at Option 1 took care of all of that so there were zero issues.

Can I ask those with agreed valuation did you have to get an independent inspection for the valuation ?

For feedback, I currently have a multi at policy with Admiral for the Exige and V12 Vantage both are limited miles, 10 years NCB on both, SDP, it’s £187 for the Exige and £300 for the Vantage so pretty cheap. My concern is no agreed valuation and what would happen come an issue and how an insurer values the cars verses real world.

Hagerty quoted me £2455 ?!

Henderson Taylor £1090 but the AV was based on an inspection I had to arrange and if applicable pay for. (ERS was the underwriter).

So still a work in progress!

WillB (Will Blackham) on SELOC did my valuation for my S2 Exige, it cost a few quid but worth it IMO. Give him a shout and he’ll tell you what you need to send him, all done remotely.

2 Likes

Thank you :+1:t2:

Same here, Will B valued my car.

1 Like

Will B does mine too. He needs some info on the car and some photos. He’s on Facebook as well as SELOC or I can let you know his email.

Club Lotus will also do a valuation, based on a paper form and photos, but I think you need to be a member.