Insurance and Covid

Nice little bonus came through into the inbox this morning, I have an Admiral multi policy for the house and non-Lotus cars saying that due to reduced claims (via lockdown) they’re offering £25 refund per car insured.

Can’t complain, thats £50 in the “dicking about with the Exige” fund. Check your inboxes :thumbup:

What is it going towards ?

I suppose it could buy 2x genuine centre caps :unamused:

stares at letterbox

Four cars on my Admiral policy, that’s like … twenty teen thousand pounds or something isn’t it?

At least! Possibly more

No sign of owt yet from LV on two cars, or on the Exige from whoever it is covering it this week.

Here’s a question.

With the lock down and restrictions on non essential travel, for the next few weeks/months

If your car was SORN and garaged, would you renew you policy, or not and wait it out?
Mine is due in June!

Mine is due mid May :confused:
Mot has been extended.

I can almost guarantee that Ill put it on a lay up policy and the very next day the restrictions will be lifted!

What’s the price differential typically between layup and road? I can’t imagine it’s worth the effort to switch but would love to be told otherwise.

I’d certainly not leave any of the cars uninsured completely. Would be great timing for the tumble dryer to go up in flames a few feet away from the Exige…

I got a quote from REIS for a laid-up policy (or ‘storage and transportation’) the other day. It was a grand total of £12.60 less than a fully-comp policy including track days, so I didn’t bother!

I did it a couple of years ago with CCI and it was about £100 less but by the time you factor in £30-40 admin fee to switch over it’s still barely worth it.

I’ve hopefully also got £50 refund from Admiral coming my way for the other cars which should more than offset the 5% rise on the Exige :thumbup:

Yep doesn’t seem particularly worth it in that case… Hopefully Admiral have put the other big players under a bit of pressure to do their own refund schemes etc. :thumbup: