Induction Kits for S2 Exige

Just wanted to know what most S2 Exiges owners are running?

Is the ITG Maxogen worth the 380 sheets? or will a basic Hurricane do just as good job? I’m more interested in power gain than sound as the Larini already makes my ears bleed.

I’m more interested in power gain than sound as the Larini already makes my ears bleed.

You’re gonna be out of luck then

Tim.

Power gain claims are widely disputed. Having said that, I have an ITG that I transferred from my Elise 135R

I’m not expecting an Induction kit to boost bhp by 10 or 15. More like 5 - 7 bhp which I’m sure the ITG kit will deliver.

Everything these days seems to be wrong or inaccurate. Even when people post rolling road results that clearly show before and after, people are still skeptical.

Is the conclusion that induction kits in general that pump cold air into the engine do virtually nothing to improve performance? or are not all induction kits the same?

�380 kit vs �100 kit would suggest the later.

I’m not expecting an Induction kit to boost bhp by 10 or 15. More like 5 - 7 bhp which I’m sure the ITG kit will deliver.

I dont think it’s as simple as that on modern ECU controlled engines.

Expect 5-7 more decibles , & maybe 1-2 BHP

Tim.

I actually lost a couple of hp with back to back rolling road sessons before and after fitting the ITG. Once the car had a few hundred more miles on it we had it back on the rollers, and it made an extra 3 hp. Wooo.

But it does sound fantastic

Pipercross VIS.

Although I havent fitted it yet

Be careful with the Pipercross VIS. The filter has no housing and where it hangs above the left hand wheel arch it has a lot of movement and rubs against sharp bits of fiberglass in that location.

Make sure you find somewhere to fix it to give it support to stop the movement. I’ve had to remove mine as it is damaged beyond repair. I have just ordered a Hurricane, as a replacement because the filter is in a sealed unit and protected.

I wish I’d seen your reply.

Yes there is a lot of movement. Max at Lakeside fitted it for me and I think he was a little less than impressed by that. Mine doesnt rub ont he fibreglass bu ont he plasic sound deadening cover thing.

Any ideas how to fit it so it doesnt move?

I’ve got a pipercross viper kit.Has anyone else got this kit?When i had it delivered and fitted it myself there seemed to be a red silicon hose missing(my kit had one but a PDF that piper cross sent me had 2 in the pic)I ended up reusing part of the old pipework from the airbox to get it fitted but this means that the filter housing is pushed too far over to the ‘left’.Having real trouble getting the 2nd hose replaced from the supplier of the kit and pipercross keep telling me i have to deal with the supplier!!

marc.

Its DEFINETLY 2 silicon hoses. Mine had some jubilee clips missing

could you post a pic of your kit fitted?

TIA marc.