In Car Video

Have been giving a good deal of thought to this and looking at various bits of kit that have been sourced to do the business. I particularly like the latest pencil cams with the almost unlimited mounting position this offers.
However, running the cables back to the recording unit always seemed a problem.

http://www.2coolrc.com/dashcam.html

Now this seems to be the answer to that question. Anyone thought about going down this route.

Alternatively, the camera mount Steve Edwards had at Donington today looked like more than a match for any camera.

Steve is right about that suction mount - total dogs!!!

I tried to move it and I would have had to break the glass to do so…

I am ordering one tomorrow…

Hey Steve

When do we see the videos from Donington then ??

Steve
Don’t go that route I have that set up at home I thought about using it in the car but the signal fall out made it worthless its not up to the job sadly, but it is a neat lttle tool
JohnC

Is that anything to do with the car’s electrics/electronics or just down to poorpower ouput on the signal?

I can also highly recommend the suction mount that Steve & Martin use - I bought one and it even holds my Betamax camcorder
Word of warning though … you still have to switch the camcorder on to have it record something

I think it is any interferance at all gets picked up and the picture degrades very quickly
I think it is more of a toy than anything but I will try and set it up next time I do A track day and give a better report and I will use my digital camera instead of the small one
JohnC

Steve is right about that suction mount - total dogs!!!

I tried to move it and I would have had to break the glass to do so…

I am ordering one tomorrow…

Mike - can you post where you got it from…looking for one myself for next week.

I got mine from here

SM1, it’s the second down the list.
I guess it’s the same as everybody’s, it works great!

Uldis

Steve

Look Here Same place as Uldis …

Cheers Guys - that looks like the one I’ve seen - did you order with the superclamp or not?

It comes with it. Don’t know why they mention it separately.
But make sure you mention it then when you order it through the phone.

Sorry I’m late in, but yes, it is the SM1…

I need the extra bit because my camera is quite large…

Happy videoing !!

Quick thought on the subject of videos.

Check out a product called SteadyMove, its a cheap plugin that runs under Adobe Premier/After Effects, and will stabilise any video source material, into a rather nice smooth shot, will take out vibration etc, but will soften some of the roll/yaw from the car…

http://www.2d3.com/steadymove/

Might be worth checking out.

-Gman