im going for a test drive a exige soon

i have found a s2 exige for sale 04 totally basic car for 25k is this a fair price or should i opt for one with either the touring, super or sports pack. what can be done to modify these cars, can they be d-catted as well as sports exhausts and filters. i have never owned a rwd car and would probably keep the car 200hp for a while, until i have some experience under my belt.
i have always been a car modder and have a evo 8 running 370 and 350. i would imagine i will go for more power with an engine conversion at a later date.
could anyone give me advice on the best car to buy also good when i come to sell, and any prices on conversions would give me some ideas.

phil

Well fella - it go’s from a decat and a new trick zaust to this

Seans Mega Project! Clickety Click

If you can get to a track day for a test that would be more useful to you.

I test drove an S2 on the road and it didn’t do much for me but had a ride in a 111R at Croft (similar - I’m saving a lot of typing by saying this) and it was superb.

Good luck and get one bought

Basically I come from the same power scene. Been bitten by the power bug when I had a MX-5. Tuned that one to over 200 RWHP (some 240 at the crank). Then went for the EVO 6, tuned to 350 hp and owning a Impreza STI (tuned to 350 aswell) too.

Found out that power was something you get used to easely and then get bored with. Handling was the key for me. That’s what made me turn to Lotus. Went for the regular Exige and not for the SC-ed one (either the 240R or the cup version 240R)as I have had the pleasure of owning a high powered rear wheel drive car (the MX-5) and expirienced the downside of this when driven on a daily basis. Didn’t like the continious twitchy back (esp. in the wet). So in the end you couldn’t drive as fast as when you would drive a lesser HP car.

Regards,

Nico

spend a xtra 1500 quid and you can have my 05 plate s2 mate with only 4k on her im buying a 240r

very nice, i have a yellow evo at present. i think i fancy something a bit less in your face.

come on guys there must be more advice.

phil

Phil

Assuming you use your cars on track, I’d suggest you get an S2 Exige with the performance pack - not that many around, but they have sports seats & harnesses, plus twin oil coolers as standard.

i have been given some literature, i believe there is a touring, super touring, sport and super sport, my question is there is a noise insulation on the touring pack, will this make alot of difference.
if i go ahead and buy one i think i will want the sport pack - twin oil coolers switchable t c, sports suspension fancy seats and race harness mount. the super sport gets ride height struts and adjustable anti roll bar. will this kit be to hard for uk roads? and is there much weight added to the car with the touring pack elec windows etc?

phil

• is there is a noise insulation on the touring pack, will this make alot of difference.
  • twin oil coolers
  • will this kit be to hard for uk roads?
  • is there much weight added to the car with the touring pack elec windows etc?
  • wrong sort of car for you if you’re worried about that!
  • you’ll only need those on track
  • unlikely, Loti are light, they ride surprisingly well, especially on the std Lotus offering
  • yes, on track you’d very much notice the extra weight

Ian

well i am still waiting for formula 1 to ring me back, twice i have called them now and 1 visit, they must like the car sat in the showroom.

phil

well i am still waiting for formula 1 to ring me back, twice i have called them now and 1 visit, they must like the car sat in the showroom.

phil

Phil,

At F1 ask to speak to Russell, he’s new and keen whereas Peter isnt!

Ive looked at this car in detail, PM me if you’d like a chat about it or any advice!