Im goiing to buy my exige in 1 week ..help plsss

Hei… Im from Norway, and Im gonna buy my Exige soon…
Its a 2000 model …upgraded… I was just wondering… if there is somting i should look for before i buy it…(maybe some known problems??)… Im also curious if this modell has different kind of engines (im a bit confused after reading thease post…is it all rover engines or???)… I would really appreciate if I can get some help here…
sorry about my english

The s1 Exige’s are all the Rover VHPD engines as standard. If the one your looking at isn’t it’s not standard. There are a few engines conversions in Exiges which i dont see being a bad thing.

OK… thanks man…:slight_smile:
Im just like a kid again.cant waith for the exige…i know its kind of rare in England… but here its a ultra rare car… … and I just have to say . the S1 is far cuter then the S2 (at least for me) …
I still would apreciate if somone can tell me what to look/ask for before buying it… forgot to tell u… its 37000 km now…

Have a good look/search through this site niceguy, lots of people have asked the same question and there should be lots of tips (190 engine converstion, quick shift gear stick, braided brakes, etc).

If you have any specific questions on the things you comes across post your queries and we’ll clarify.

Good luck!

Ian

Im searching the forums now… But i have one spesfic ?..
What does the upgrade consist of??.. sport seats with 4 point harness 193 hp+++??? somting else??

190 basically changed the ECU (to one that wouldn’t pass EU regs for a new car), took out one of the air filters (although this usually happened even without the upgrade), changed the pulley to effect the timing [is that right? anybody?] (which was managed by the new ECU), and often had a sports exhaust fitted [have I missed anything? anybody?]. Some also put a breather kit on the engine at the same time, as it was going to rev a little harder.

Ian

Plus 82C thermostat to replace original

I just have to say . the S1 is far cuter then the S2 (at least for me) …

I’f you want to endear yourself to S1 owners one thing you don’t say is the S1 is cute compared to the S2!!! Butch, horny but please not cute!!
John

Heheh… … … thanks for all the information

I’f you want to endear yourself to S1 owners one thing you don’t say is the S1 is cute compared to the S2!!! Butch, horny but please not cute!!
John

Now that I know that, bending over to sit in my car has taken a whole new meaning!

Um, interesting new signature Uldis!

Uff… im getting a bit nervous here, I just found out the only Lotus workshop in Norway is closing down:(… Ufff…
So is there any Lotus workshop close to Newcastle??

niceguy

i presume you are talking about Newcastle England ??.. you just confused me a wee bit by talking about Lotus dealers in Norway and then asking about Newcastle…

If i’m right then you could try Formula 1 Enginering

heheh…yes…im talking about Newcastle in England… because its not so hard to get there… I live on the west coust, and I can just take the ferry over there, thats why im curious if there’s any lotus workshop in Newcastle…

Hey, I have never joined a chat group line, iam a exige owner here in australia, i race in club events, loads of fun but not much competition, only trouble is I broke my gearstick and have not had nuch luck getting a new one from Lotus, has anyone you know of had a similar experience with breaking a stick??

Hi Andre, weclome!

To save some confusion, you might want to try making a new under ‘Exige Talk’ or ‘Questions + Answers’ to talk about your problem.

I can’t say I recall anybody breaking a stick before. Have you tried B&M for a replacement? They make Lotus’ quick shift stick.

Ian

Um, interesting new signature Uldis!

So you can see it? Because I can’t from work (only from home) so was going to delete it.
That’s the signature of my car: horny and butch

Anybody else with problems seeing it?

no i see it looks like a jelly bean…