Idle speed too high.

I removed the throttle bodies to free off the usual sticking issue. Following reassembly the idle stuck at 3000 rpm, the manifold glowed red indicating an air leak. Following a quick check I discovered I’d caught a injector seal causing the suspected air leak, this was replaced and idle speed came down to 2100 while stationary and 2500 while coasting. The battery was also disconnected for a couple of days at the same time. I’ve done a search on the subject, and there seems to be some confusion regarding re-setting the throttle switch (pressing 5 times) etc .

The car seems to be running a little better i.e. manifold not glowing red.

I know the system does some kind of self test when the ignition is switch on, but does the ecu auto re-set/re-learn following an air leak/battery disconnection? Or is there another procedure I need to follow? Or I’m I up the wrong tree!!!

Cheers

Mark

My bet would be that one of the small air hoses is not installed properly and there’s an air leak.
With the std ECU you can also go through the reset procedure by disconnecting the battery for about 15 min and then connecting it again.

Did you move by any chance the throttle position sensor at the end?

My bet would be that one of the small air hoses is not installed properly and there’s an air leak.
With the std ECU you can also go through the reset procedure by disconnecting the battery for about 15 min and then connecting it again.

Did you move by any chance the throttle position sensor at the end?

Thanks for your reply, I did remove the TPS, but was suprised to find that is was non-adjustable! So returned to the sensor to the same position.

I will however check the vac pipes, thanks again Uldis!

Mark

throttle butterfly’s stuck open a wee bit ?