I need your help!

HelloCan anyone help me please?I just about to buy a 2002 Elise Sports Tourer but i want to ask your opinion before i do so.I’m buying this car as my main car, so i’ll be using it for work. I drive 18,000 miles per year. Is this car going to be reliable enough?Any comments please.

Matt,I sold my standard Elise (with a 160 engine upgrade) some time ago to get a full blown 190 Sport track day car, but when I had the standard car, I used it every day (almost as much as you describe) and reliability was never an issue. In fact, it got superb gas mileage and always put a smile on my face. The hardest thing you will face is avoiding the temptation to always go for the best backroads. Ross quote:Originally posted by mattbut:HelloCan anyone help me please?I just about to buy a 2002 Elise Sports Tourer but i want to ask your opinion before i do so.I’m buying this car as my main car, so i’ll be using it for work. I drive 18,000 miles per year. Is this car going to be reliable enough?Any comments please.

ditto! i use a S2 sport190 as a daily drive(hi rahlgren!) and have done 15,700 miles in a S2 sport 135, 11,500 miles in a S2 sports tourer and 7,800 in an exige, with no major prob’s, infact it’s the best, you’ll soon find that everything else feels dull/uneventfull and drives like a transit van. there small inside(mind you i’m 6ft8inches and around 20 stone, so not all that suprising!!), so you’ll have to be good freinds with anyone you drive with on a long journey’s, but the S2 sports tourer is the quietist and most refined of the bunch, although the 135 sport was the best alrounder for the money(�1,000.00 more than a sports tourer)and almost as fast as the 111s with a far better engine/exhaust noise…food for thought???

I dont think you should worry, engine and gearbox etc. come straight from Rover and the car itself is very light so ware on brake and other components should be less than most cars (depending on driving style [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image])Just Enjoy