i need more speed!

Owned my S1 for 6 months or so and feel the need for more power. Keep thinking about the Honda route but can’t justify the cost. Is there anything I could do for around the �3000 to �5000 mark? It’s a standard 170

Simple answer is the 190 upgrade.

Was just thinking the same & I already have the 190 upgrade… was fine until I had a couple of brief outings in audi/honda conversion!!
Maybe I should just get saving…

Honestly an Emerald and some verniers properly fitted would give you a far better “bang for your buck” …

Honestly an Emerald and some verniers properly fitted would give you a far better “bang for your buck” …

and it gets rid of the bloody OSR wheel speed sensor faults and the dereaded 5500 rpm limit !

Unless you can get a cheap 2nd had 190 kit Andys correct - fit the emerald and the verniers. You’ll get a propoer 190 not the 183-185 that you actually get with the Lotus kit

Might not be the answer you are looking for but I’d put the money in the bank and start saving for an Audi/Honda conversion.

Otherwise, i’d be looking at secondhand Lotus 190 bits which should be far more widely available than a secondhand Emerald and will give you the best bang for your buck. I think second hand Lotus 190 ECUs go for �100-�150.

I’d also put a breather kit on to stop all that rubbish going back in the engine; a remote thermostat kit to keep the coolant flowing better; and a decent exhaust system.

Hi PJI

If you are interested in increasing the power and torque, tell me please, which compomentes have in your engine and I try to help you with some advice.

And also it would be important if you tell me in order to better advise, the use to which intended your engine, racing, track days, competition,…

Regards

Vicente

Hi PJI

If you are interested in increasing the power and torque, tell me please, which compomentes have in your engine and I try to help you with some advice.

And also it would be important if you tell me in order to better advise, the use to which intended your engine, racing, track days, competition,…

Regards

Vicente

Thanks guys for all of your advice.
Vincente it’s a standard 170 that is used for road and track

Hi PJI

In Spain not sold this engine.

It have single or multi-TB,S?

Mech or hydraulic followers?

Lightweight flywheel?

VVC or MS2 piston head?

Good, without knowing this information, you can tell some views:

You can start to improve your piston head with valves of 32.5/28.5mm, big seats, big ports ,…

That you can make approximately 12/16 c.v

To increase the compression ratio to approximately 11.5/1.

Improve the exhaust system with a larger diameter exhaust system and eliminating the CAT.

And besides the verniers, you can do the following:

Change your cams, by 1444 with double springs.

With these 1444 cams and the above, you can get aproxx to 220 c.v.

Take your block and put liners of 82.50 mm and pistons to get 1909 c.c.

And if your budget allows you, you can add a crank 2.0 k and con rods, if you want to get my engine to 1960 c.c.

And with 2.0 k , you can get aproxx to 250 c.v.

Of course for all this to work also you need an Ecu Emerald

Also a good airbox help much

Regards

Vicente