I like this (Europa content)!

This 2007 Krypton Green Europa on Ebay looks tasty.

If only I could afford to have that and an Exige.

Item number 260192683705 (sorry havent mastered the copy and paste function yet)!

[image]http://carad.ebayimg.com/i4/08/a/000/77/e6/0542_4.JPG[/image]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-Lotus-Europa-Exige-Elise_W0QQitemZ260192683705QQihZ016QQcategoryZ43114QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There you go…looks tasty good price too…

Thanks for the photo and the link chaps!

Low miles and a good price!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I can’t believe you lot

S2 Exige n/a or s/c is a far better road car, as well as having proper track credentials.

The Europa is simply a rebodied VX220.

I can’t believe you lot

S2 Exige n/a or s/c is a far better road car, as well as having proper track credentials.

The Europa is simply a rebodied VX220.

Dont worry Pesky, I dont think any of us are comparing it to an Exige, just thought it looked nice aesthetically in Krypton Green.

Stratstone has 225bhp upgraded Europa S for � 21,994 with only 5000 miles That should bring the prices of a few of the other cars tumbling down a bit.

Stratstone has 225bhp upgraded Europa S for � 21,994 with only 5000 miles That should bring the prices of a few of the other cars tumbling down a bit.

How much???

Yes you read that correctly � 21,994 and I bet you could haggle on that as well given that it is or is the same colour as all the demo cars that haven’t sold.

See Car Here; Used cars for sale | PistonHeads UK

Mind you it does make you wonder what the true market value of a slightly used Europa is and what sort of hit you will take if you put some genuine miles on the clock.

JCT Brooklands has 10 Europa’s for sale, that must be a hell of a dent in their cashflow unless they hope that Lotus will stop production and the price will go up. But I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one.

Castle TVR Sportscars has a Used Europa up for � 38.950. Yes deep breath you did read that correctly.

It has ECU Upgrade, Nitron Suspension, Milltec Sports Exhaust system, new wheels & tyres.

I bet that won’t move very quickly at that price, I would say given it true value given the current market place I would only fetch � 22k because at the end of the day it is a used car and as all dealers say that the mod’s don’t have any real value, they might just make one car sell quicker than another. Third party mod’s don’t have any value.

Am I the only one that think no matter what colour the Europa is in it looks awful?? sorry Jules!

Am I the only one that think no matter what colour the Europa is in it looks awful?? sorry Jules!

Nope - it’s a dog (compared to its siblings), whichever way you consider it, & should never have been commissioned (pre Kimberley). AFAIK, dealers had to buy a given number of Europas for a given number of Elises/Exiges they ordered with the factory. In other words, the factory made a killing on what was a cheap car to produce, & the dealers have been stuffed.

Price them at �23K, discount them to �19.5, & they might sell.

Let’s hope the “Eagle” is a “proper” Lotus - all the omens are good, I’m pleased to say.

I’m trying to think what the monthly finance payments would be on �20-�22k. Must make it an interesting option for a 2-3 year motorway hack.

It’s interesting, I have now seen 2 R8’s and I saw a Zonda (I was stunned) in the summer and clearly loads and loads of other nice cars, but I am yet to see one Europa on the road.

This must be a sign that they can’t shift them, I can’t see the market for this car at all! But hey some one must like them, at the right price of course (under 20k)

I’m trying to think what the monthly finance payments would be on �20-�22k. Must make it an interesting option for a 2-3 year motorway hack.

You must have better m/ways than those around here, then! They’re that friggin busy, even me Pug 107 seems fast, but it costs bugger all to run, so it funds the fun times on track in the Exige

PS Russ will be along soon to say what great cars Europas are

I know that a number of dealers backed them to Lotus by refusing to order new cars unless Lotus took the the Europa’s back.

It wouldn’t have surprised me if a number of the main Lotus main dealers didn’t get together a threaten to throw the towel in unless Lotus took the cars back.

Faced with 4-6 main dealers in key location threatening to stop dealing in Lotus’s altogether, would have killed the the UK market for Lotus.

Not a gamble or risk that Lotus could afford seeing sales as a whole have slowed down this year with the increase in interest rates and the credit crunch.

I remember reading somewhere that only 200 Europa’s were destined for the UK market

The Europa does absolutely nothing for me, even coming into my first Lotus ownership I did not even contemplate the Europe… who is Lotus marketing this car at

The old boy ?
The enthusiast ?
The trackday hero ?

Looks nice in krypton though

200 cars a year more like 20 cars a year for the UK more like it

You must have better m/ways than those around here, then! They’re that friggin busy, even me Pug 107 seems fast

Pesky - there’s a marked difference leaving my house. Turn left on the M62 towards Leeds, Huddersfield and Manchester and I’d agree its a nightmare. Turn right to Hull and i can have a relatively free run (and definitely low stress) run all the way to the office. Hull it the butt of many jokes but the upside of this is travelling here in the morning is a joy…well relatively speaking.

For the record I even used the exige earlier this month on a couple of occasions