I GOT MY CAR BACK ....No thanks to Stratstone MK

After 3 months and 2 weeks I’ve finally got my car back wiht new cams and the bodywork fixed.

The undertray is loose and clanks, they’ve scuffed the brand spanking new leather bling centre console and the side carpets are loose - but do you think I’m taking it back???

AM I FOOK

Thats it, NEVER GO NEAR STRATSTONE’S OF MILTON KEYNES… EVER

Roll on summer.

Worry thing is, I’m not remotely happy, I’m just ready to explode.

Even more worrying thing is, I’m talking to myself…

nice to see you have your car back though.

if it was sunny you would be happy :slight_smile:

Great to hear you finally have it back Bob!
Mine is getting an accusump before it sees any serious track time this year! Well, OK, and a turbo too
I also think that Lotus knows a lot more about the cam issue than they are saying.

small

claims

court.

If I had time at the moment to sue them then I would certainly enjoy giving it a try but I’m channeling all my spare time into this at the moment…

[image]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/Bob_Corbishley/coachworks%2014%20jan%2007/P1140025.jpg[/image]

whilst trying to enjoy time with my family!

Very Pleased to hear you have it back Bob

Phil G

If I had time at the moment to sue them then I would certainly enjoy giving it a try but I’m channeling all my spare time into this at the moment…

A splitty ! Without doubt one of the coolest vehicles ever built, and what brilliantly left-field companion for an Exige. Tell us more about the project.
Mark

Cheers Mark, yeah we decided last summer amidst all the air travel chaos and growing anti air travel that we wanted a camper van so we could take the kids away with our mountain bikes and go travelling. Originally we were getting a new VW California and went to Vanfest to see one but ended up falling for the old splitty.

We bought this one half finished last september and sent it for finishing and painting straight away. The photo above was taken mid Jan, its now having a new (old fashioned) oak camping interior fitted. It will be back home in a couple of weeks at which point I have to install the brakes (brembo ventilated 4 pots at each corner), new shocks (adjustable nitrons), refurbish the wheels (17" Porsche Cups) and fit the new engine (2.1 bored and stroked VW type 1 with DTA ECU and Jenvey throttles etc = 140BHP) and the ICE (Nakamichi/KEF gear). So its all a bits crackers… and before it comes home I’m busy in the garage refurbing this…
[image]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/Bob_Corbishley/Puck%20Project/P2050005.jpg[/image]

(thats got to be a first for Exiges… )

Phil G

Hi Phil, its surprising how different the engine sounds isn’t it?!

Bob,
Am really pleased to hear you have finally got it back. What an absolute nightmare it must have been for you.

Regards,

David.

Well done Bob.

You know my thoughts on that place.

Well done Bob.

You know my thoughts on that place.

Its a larf.

When I spotted the scratches on the centre console I dragged the monkey out from the showroom and pointed them out. He said “Ahh I see, you need to speak to our service manager Martyn…” I feckin blew it at that point and told what a complete shower of sh!t his company was and what a complete tosser Martyn was and how there were threads all about Stratstones on several internet forums.

…oh that was goood… I went off for a ciggy at that point, and I dont even smoke

[quote
When I spotted the scratches on the centre console I dragged the monkey out from the showroom and pointed them out.

[/quote]

Bob - You got any pics of the centre console / tunnel?I’m thinking about getting the nasty plastic original in mine trimmed in leather.

Where / how did you get yours done?

Rgs

Steve

Phil G

Hi Phil, its surprising how different the engine sounds isn’t it?!

It is a lot better now, I have now removed all the little packets of Ear plugs that used to litter my car

Phil G

Steve

Lotus have their own trim shop. You need to speak to Mel Broome on 01953 608153 or [email protected]

They can trim every plastic panel in the car from seats and doors to the speaker panels and heating controls.

The centre console is a RETRIM10 and costs ~�100. It takes a couple of weeks but you can drive without it. Its a swine to remove so give me a call when you plan to do it and I’ll tell you the tricks!

[image]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/Bob_Corbishley/P2180004.jpg[/image]

Oh how I am so glad that the car I was supposed to buy from Stratstones MK fell through.

I bought a Blue Exige S2 from them last year. I never actually took delivery of the car, after a catalogue of errors by their salesmen. I was due to pick it up and phoned to check before setting off from Yorkshire (a fair old journey) and they told me that the front splitter had been taken off the car to put on someone elses car!?!?!?! what the f*ck!

Then the showroom roof fell in after some water leak! And in general I was constantly d*cked about by their salesmen. In the end I cancelled the sale and it took me about 2 months to get my 500 quid deposit back.

Im glad, bcos I bought an Exige S instead from a dealer who actually gives a sh*t about their customers.

Oh how I am so glad that the car I was supposed to buy from Stratstones MK fell through.

I bought a Blue Exige S2 from them last year. I never actually took delivery of the car, after a catalogue of errors by their salesmen. I was due to pick it up and phoned to check before setting off from Yorkshire (a fair old journey) and they told me that the front splitter had been taken off the car to put on someone elses car!?!?!?! what the f*ck!

Then the showroom roof fell in after some water leak! And in general I was constantly d*cked about by their salesmen. In the end I cancelled the sale and it took me about 2 months to get my 500 quid deposit back.

Im glad, bcos I bought an Exige S instead from a dealer who actually gives a sh*t about their customers.

Dan - Erm, the splitter was removed and put on my car. The one they say they’d ordered for me had not arrived when I took my car in, so they pinched the splitter and an indicator relay off a metallic blue S2 Exige on the forecourt.

I’ve heard from another person on this site that Stratstones have nicked bits from forecourt cars for theirs.

Me thinks I did you a favour!

ah yeah, they did say it was a 240r at the time. I know dealers bastardise cars all the time in showrooms, but I thought at the time it just wasn’t on to start taking parts off a car that had been sold.

Anyhow its all water under the bridge and like you said, they did me a favour, Ive got a far better car now! :wink: