I can't decide which one to bring to anglesey

McLaren P1 vs Porsche 918 Spyder | evo TRACK BATTLE - YouTube

Well, one is Pork, the other a British car. Sadly both are LHD, so hopeless for UK roads. But as this is Anglesey the wheel being on the wrong side may not matter.

I’d say take the McLaren - just as long as you let me have a go :mrgreen:

[quote=“Muu”]McLaren P1 vs Porsche 918 Spyder | evo TRACK BATTLE - YouTube[/quote]
That’s sooooo easy

If you can afford those beauties you can afford to have them both delivered to the circuit.

I’ll even pay for the petrol to deliver them for you.

Yeah both look awesome and to be honest the best thing was seeing Anglesey, seriously looking forward to our visit there :sunglasses:

The P1 looked a proper handful on the hot lap at the end…I think I saw 147mph before a dab of brakes on the run up the hill to rocket…respect.

I wonder what a proper monster car like Quo’s or Jamie’s would do as comparison,…I reckon with a decent driver mine would not be that far off as I reckon it would get to 140mph with some cahooners on the way up to Rocket.

Just had a look at the TimeAttack times from 2012 on the Coastal circuit.

Jamies car which was (SC+CC+Sequential at the time) did the same time as the P1 on the non-cup tyres.

Love the P1, those curves, the wing . . . much better than the other current Mc , what ever it is, . . apart from the race versions

What a superb video!. It really captures what those cars are about. I am probably in a small group here but i would have the 918 over the P1 any day of the week. The 918 was giving me goose pimples with the volume up and it looks more like a Lotus to my eye. :lolno:

They are a lot of cash for cars not much faster in reality than a 911 or M3,
I would think most of the cars here that are north of 300hp won’t be far of the performance of those 2 cars and for a hang site less money in running costs

Aparently MP4-12C in GT3 trim = P1 around a track

Hmmmm not sure about that, I know its far more than just power/weight but in power/weight terms :

M3 = 283
991 GT3 = 333
P1 = 606

300bhp Lotus at 800kg = 375

JDS how’d you think the orange uber-Exige would stack up?

I was looking at laptimes, don’t have access to youtube on this work PC, but from memory 911 1:15 Mclaren and 918 1:12 M3\4 1:18
Rather a lot of cash for 5 or 6 seconds, don’t suppose anyone knows a hot lap time from Easter do they?

Yeah 5-6s second does not sound like much, getting lapped in within 15mins does :wink:

I guess it’s not about power/weight or lap times it’s about the entire hypercar experience. If you’ve got the $$$ then why wouldn’t you have the car that someone has built without compromise…I would.

Most of us don’t have the $$$ and I think with our little plastic cars get closer than we reasonably should given our relative expenditure.

To be fair, around Anglesey I think most of the SC Honda/Toyota/big Audi cars would make the hypercars look a little silly, but still not be able to keep up. Try it around Silverstone GP or Spa, or a looooonnnnnng straight bit of road, and you won’t see which way they went.

It’s not so much the speed they can get out of slow corners - everyone gets traction limited - it’s the way they keep accelerating at the same pace from 100 plus, as most Lotus’s do upto around 80ish. I think the last time we went to Spa, Ade was touching 130ish at the end of the Kemmel straight, with 300ish hp??. Christian was pushing past 160.

You all need to book onto a Vmax day, or sort out a few hours at Bruntingthorpe to see what you can achieve.

It’s soooo not a Lotus thing in reality, but its a giggle, with some bragging rights down the pub later. Pretty much no skill involved, you have to try really hard to hit something, even less chance of doing a Muu - sorry! - anyone can max out their car. just make sure your brakes and aero are up to it!

I think the current record is around 240 in Severn Valley’s GTR, Christian got to 190, there was a 900hp Ultima there on the same day as us that did 188.

Oh, and the looks of the P1, with the tech and polished engineering of the 918 for me please. :thumbup:

Oi :smiley:

Yea different machines different circuits, after all a gokart would have an elise around a kart track!

Ok, having a Muu done to you? :smiley:

Although that just sounds a little odd.