I am a Noob who doesn't own a Lotus - yet...

I am new, I don’t have a Lotus yet, but I do plan on owning one before I die.

I was just wondering what would it take to get an S1 into the States if it’s at all possible?

I like the way the S1s look more than the S2s - but I’m affraid I may just have to settle with an S2.

If I did get an S2, I’d have to tinker with the body - I love the way the Outer Plus one looks in this video (wait til about 8:24 into the video)

If I did get an S2, I’d have to tinker with the body - I love the way the Outer Plus one looks in this video (wait til about 8:24 into the video)

That’s actually an Elise, not an Exige

Entertaining video, although I have to disagree with some of the commentator’s comments about a couple of the cars.

I have to disagree with some of the commentator’s comments…

LOL .

In seriousness though Mr Oneday, I don�t think that you can get S1�s legalized for road use in the States, as far as I know, the only thing you can do is track them (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Also, it may well be worth giving EliseTalk.com a try as well�

David

they said it was an Exige - the engine covers don’t come off?

also - it had the side scoops behind the door too - Elises don’t have those do they.

in fairness to oneday, the car is captioned as an S2 Exige and it does have the exige sidescoops…BUT IT IS AN ELISE!!!

Actually there is an Exige captioned as “outer plus”. It’s hard to tell what’s going on, but either they’ve got two cars by outer plus, or the captions are all over the place.

It’s a green Exige with a bigger wing similar to mine.

Getting one into the US is not that difficult. Making it road legal is an entirely different problem. Depending on your State there are different requirements but it is not impossible as there are a number of street legal Elise/Exige variants around. I even know of a Californian street legal Radical SR3, if you can do that you can do anything

Get an S1 and get a Honda engine installed, that should make the emmisions compliant at least.

I’m majorly hacked off with my S2. The dealer has been p1ssing around trying to tell me that my cams aren’t knackered since late october, I should have cancelled the insurance and road tax!

Get an S1 and get a Honda engine installed, that should make the emmisions compliant at least.

I’m majorly hacked off with my S2. The dealer has been p1ssing around trying to tell me that my cams aren’t knackered since late october, I should have cancelled the insurance and road tax!

You’d think so, but California has had some hippy lawmakers at one point and as a result, we’ve got some of the stupidest and strictest smog laws on the books - say you want to swap an Integra Type R engine into your Civic - well, you can’t do it because the Integra Type R never made it over here to the U.S. - so say you want to swap an Integra GSR engine into your Civic - well, you can do it, but it’s gonna cost you an arm and a leg - because if you do it, you also gotta have the Integra GSR’s Catalytic Converter, ECU, and other emissions stuff that comes with the Integra GSR, then you gotta pay even more money to have it reffed and smogged and it’s gotta match normal emissions for an Integra GSR (A lot of people who have done this cheat by having a buddy who owns a stock civic get his car smogged for them) - even though you’re still polluting less and using less gas than the average muscle car guy with his V8 with 4+ liters of displacement.

I hate hippies. They’re worthless and they smell.

I hate hippies. They’re worthless and they smell.

Peace man

[image]http://home.pacific.net.au/~turner23/2002/hippy-peace.jpg[/image]

PS The pic is Steve Green not me

You cheeky bastard - did once have a long beard, but was a long way off being a hippy

[image]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/stevegreen101/scan01.jpg[/image]

[quote]they said it was an Exige - the engine covers don’t come off?

no but the roof will…just ask pesky he is an expert

You cheeky bastard - did once have a long beard, but was a long way off being a hippy

[image]> http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/stevegreen101/scan01.jpg> [/image]

Dare I ask what the other chap is doing in the front Landy?

He’s a bloody Afgan reble

He’s a bloody Afgan reble

Living in a cave in Tora Bora Ave, Pontefract

Living in a cave in Tora Bora Ave, Pontefract

Well it is grim up north Mind, you I could probably do with something similar living in the gun capital of the UK

Don’t quote me on this BUT from looking at taking mine to the states (maybe moving to LA at some stage). I was told that everyone gets a one off car import allocation - i.e. special concession + I understand that if it is part of a private collection you can also get away with it as also a classic etc BUT I know there are limits on the number of cars in existence for it to be labelled as such etc…etc… After all I know a few people there with some serious classics that would not even pass a 3rd world car emissions MOT.

Hope this helps

Hygiene routine No.3

I was told that everyone gets a one off car import allocation - i.e. special concession + I understand that if it is part of a private collection

Sorry, mate - but you’ll want to recheck your facts with a proper source. If that were the case, I’d already have Godzilla sitting in my garage - from when I moved back from Japan.