Hub nut size and torque

Does anyone know the rear hub nut size and torque?

Thanks in advance.

The hub nut is 32mm and the official torque figure is 220nm.

You might find that they are very, very tight and locking the hub correct will be important - I good fitting socket is really needed and maybe a third hand.

Make sure you really do torque up to 220 with a little oil on the thread and mating faces so you really get 220

Cheers Andy, how would you suggest locking the hub?

Well ā€¦ there are three ways

• Special tool ā€¦
  • Use a long bar across two studs and lower car so that the bar locks the hub - not recommended as you put a shear force on the studs
  • Tighten it as much as possible with wheel off - knock out centre cap from wheel - put wheel on drop car onto wheels and use a torque wrench with a 6 inch extension - here an extra pair of hands to hold the extension square with the hub is useful as the socket easy slips ( same when trying to undo it works well)
    If you can find an extra pair of hands a block of wood the right height with a ā€œVā€ cut in it or a short axle stand to fit in the extension works ok

In the past, I have actually used a jack and parked the car adjacent to a concrete post and then jacked between the socket and the post.

Just have someone put there foot on the brake and get yourself a decent torque wrench

Just have someone put there foot on the brake and get yourself a decent torque wrench

Cheers for your help guys, I have a small hole in the N/S/R inner CV boot which is why I was asking about the nut. Hopefully it should be a simple job!!!