How Was It??

Logged on to see how you all got on

Any reports??

Giles

Oulton was great - cold and wet, (and you know that Bonjovi album ?) - it got a little grippier later in the day!!!

I managed to spin on ‘hilltop’ - possibly the only person to spin on an uphill straight, but then again that is a testament to the power of a DVA engine, and just possibly a wake up call for me to get my throttle cable sorted so the power stops immediately when I lift off (doh !!)

Loads of photos were taken, (including one of my car covered in mud - even the roof - it was quite a spectacular spin)

The usual suspects were fast as ever, and not a single Exige was damaged (there were a fair number of casualties, including two different Corrados )

One day I may even get to drive the course in the dry

sounds great, cheers for the update…
I know what yer talking about…did that at Donny…
looking forward to the piccies
laters,
B

Post deleted by AndyD

Link takes me somewhere else

me 2

Yeah yeah - thats what happens when your “short through the curve” . apologies - try it again … now its not only just me that view it - I hope …

here again

With apologies for the quality ( of the captions … )

Andy’s pictures are in “Gallery” section of Bookatrack site.

Excellent get together - well done Ian, Uldis & Rox in particular for covering so many miles to be there.

However, the star of the show was 83man, who drove up from Warwick to say hello at the circuit, then bless him, he decided to book in at the hotel & make for the meal. The only downside to his presence was the sudden flashing of his 15 inch long body scars, whilst we were queuing up for lunch

It’s now down to Uldis & Rox to sort out a trip to Knock Hill in 2004

Great time, thanks everyone, especially Russ and Ian for providing a much needed fix and Rob for the directions!

Guys!

Just arrived, no probs here. Bad weather almost all the way, but great drive.
Took a look at the pics Mike,
LOL at the captions, any more?

Took a look at the pics …any more?

They’re already in the post - addressed to Mrs Tretmanis

great pics, guys, seems that you enjoyed yerself…
laters,
B

As usual, Exiges.com outings are always good fun
Playing in fast cars all day (Fun even in the monsoon conditions) followed by a curry and a never ending supply of larger .
Next time its gona have to be north of the border at Knockhill, or maybe something with even more international flavour, Hmmmmm…Spa maybe!

Looking foward to the next one already.

Martin & Steve.

yep…Spa anytime…
laters,
B

a never ending supply of larger .

\

AndyD - LOL at yer captions on th epics youve posted.

Anyone… got any more captions or interesting video clips you can post?

Great day… no casualties from our contingent or from the 3 Scottish Elisers who came down. Uldis retreads held up supremely well from what I experienced, and I hardly saw anyone else on track all day… I figure everyone (exiges)was lapping at about the same speed because we never really seen too many others on-track and there were about 15 exiges there…

Shame about the weather but everyone probably honed there winter driving skills no-end. The worst thing about it was it was cold to hang around and everything was wet… even the garage floors…

After the day at Oulton, I still don’t understand how we managed to convoy 11 exiges along 4 motorways in p!ss-awful weather at the busiest time of the day without anyone ending up in Blackpool or somewhere. Anyway we all got to the hotel and then to the curry where i’m pretty sure we all had a good laff and enjoyed ourselves… the usual boys being boys stuff too

Then everyone back to hotel for a wee night cap of whisky and tequila…ohh and more car racing… an Uldis v RussT showdown followed by much understeering into the couches…

roll on next time…

It was splendid!

Even nicer as I hadn’t driven on a dry Outlon so had no expectations.

4 hours straight home and 3 miles from home I had to sit in traffic for 20 mins and the temp hit 90oC+ and I then got a bit of a misfire. I’m hoping to was just the long drive.

Right, off to check out Andy’s pics…

Ian

However, the star of the show was 83man, …the sudden flashing of his 15 inch long body scars, whilst we were queuing up for lunch

Hi All,

Sorry to take so long to catch up, but got back about 1:00pm on Saturday, made a couple of quick posts elsewhere and then got dragged off to be paraded to the ‘out laws’ (i.e. both sets of parents… ) and only just got back Monday evening.

I’m really glad I made the effort to get there because:
it was great to see so many old and new faces;
I got back into an Exige (Martin’s!) for the first time since my operation;
it was, as ever it is at an exiges.com do, a laugh a minute. There wasn’t a better time to see my scar than in the queue for lunch… …
The curry night and late night entertainment were superb - but why did they close the bar so early!!!???

Now then, I think it takes a special kind of bravery to be a passenger on a wet racing track, much more so than to be a driver on such a day. So, whilst I think that all of you who brought cars along and took them on circuit deserve our (the passengers) admiration and our thanks (thanks Martin!) you know that the drivers felt much safer than the passengers don’t you…

All in all a great day out - thanks everyone

BTW, started my car and ran it tonight - it’s coming out of the garage with me in it very soon…

Regards

Now then, I think it takes a special kind of bravery to be a passenger on a wet racing track, much more so than to be a driver on such a day. So, whilst I think that all of you who brought cars along and took them on circuit deserve our (the passengers) admiration and our thanks (thanks Martin!) you know that the drivers felt much safer than the passengers don’t you…

I agree…

BTW, started my car and ran it tonight - it’s coming out of the garage with me in it very soon…

Go for it… but take it easy won’t you…

I agree…

Now you tell me.
I thought I was not trying hard enough, you appeared to be so calm!