How many Audi conversions out there ?

How many of you guys have had the Audi conversion done?

Which level of tune did you go for ?

If you were to do it again, would you ?

Do you have any recommendations ?

PM me offline if want to let me know privately

Me…

If you have the bigger turbo go for the uprated clutch…

but the standard K04 turbo is already turning the car into a nuttermobile…

There is really no downside in practice, provided you are prepared to have work done on the braking system and suspension as well, and maybe some tuition !!

Hi Mike

Thanks for the feedback.

When you say “the braking system”, what have you had done, what would you recommend ?

I would recommend going for the uprated clutch even with the std K04 turbo as mine is already slipping a little after 10k miles. BTW it’s an engine out job if you end up having to do it later.

If you go for the bigger turbo you should also go for the uprated driveshafts as the std ones will not last long if you track it a lot and like clipping the curbs.

Steve

So far, braided hoses and SRF, RS14s, alloy bells and thicker rotors, 295mm front and standard rear, grooved but not drilled, by Stu at Muts Nuts…

and cold air ducting into the centre of the bells…

Next step would be six pots up front, but money does not stretch that far yet…

mine is already slipping a little after 10k miles. BTW it’s an engine out job if you end up having to do it later.

hehe, that puts into contrast the Ferrari 360 F1 clutch which only has an expected life between 3000-5000 miles (and you need to budget �2K to change it !)

Does that mean a clutch change is always an engine out job, or do you mean if you want to change the type of clutch then it’s an engine out job ?

I agree with everything Mike says. I have the 300bhp version with uprated clutch. In addition I have got a dual coil ignition rather than the in-line Audi coils.