HOW DO I GET MORE POWER FROM MY S2

ALREADY GOT ZORST AND FILTER WHAT NEXT ANYONE HELP??

265bhp enough?

>clicky<

Sorry to offer a bit of a downer here but the filter offers nothing like the inflated claims of more power (up to 11bhp extra ), & even Lotus themselves say the optional exhausts add no power, just noise Sorry.

Apparently a well run in & loosened up engine may liberate a few more horses.

Tim.

Driver training usually gives more speed than extra power…

You could try SHOUTING AT IT

could be wrong …but i have been told an ecu re-map will bring an extra 10 bhp!

Driver training usually gives more speed than extra power…

Yeah, but you’re a proper racin’ driver, not a road burning twonk

not sure what combi you’re running but the hurricane induction kit/stage 2 performance combi that i have increases power by exactly zero. Thats confirmed by Lotus, although to be sure i told the insurance that there was a one bhp increase. sounds delicious, but doesnt go any faster.

You could try SHOUTING AT IT

visit http://www.komo-tec.de , http://www.moto-concept.de and http://www.mog-racing.de

→ install an airbox
→ exchange exhaust to eliminate the Golf5-Sound
→ install manifolds
→ change the 2 camshafts
=> estimated gained 30bhp

→ exchange battery (-8kg) e.g. RedTop, Hawker. 17Ah
→ Throw out the seats and fit carbonfibre/Kevlar seats (-12kg)
→ Throw out all this useless plasticstuff in the interior.
→ Radio, Speaker
→ throw out aircondition

or just install the turbodrive-kit from Komo-Tec. looks fantastic, I just saw it on the ESSEN MOTORSHOW in a Elise 111R. Price under 10k� for 250BHP Toyota Engined Exige2 . wwwrhhoommm…

Regards, Joe from Munich

Speedy K

Can you plesae let me know where you got your Bemani Supercharger kit fitted ?

Many thanks

EX77

He got it from

No matter what you add, without the proper ECU tune you will be wasting your money and possibly your engine…The stock Lotus ECU will screw ya…

I’d say Piper stage 2 cams and a full exhaust line (manifold/CRP/ silencer). This should be good enough to outdrag an Exige S (unless they’ve done the same mods).

The difficult part will be trying to remap the std ECU, Kumschick/Bemani have done it so it cant be too hard. I’m talking a friend at Prodrive who’s looking into it for me. Otherwise an aftermarket ECU from Pectel is the best bet.

I’d say Piper stage 2 cams and a full exhaust line (manifold/CRP/ silencer). This should be good enough to outdrag an Exige S (unless they’ve done the same mods).

The difficult part will be trying to remap the std ECU, Kumschick/Bemani have done it so it cant be too hard. I’m talking a friend at Prodrive who’s looking into it for me. Otherwise an aftermarket ECU from Pectel is the best bet.

No expert, but I am a bit sceptical about the piper cams - is there really much to be gained on a 1.8 normally aspirated engine which already puts out 190bhp and revs to over 8k? Has anyone seen before and after dyno figures for the piper cams - reliable figures that is . For me what the car could do with is a bit more mid range torque rather than more top end power and it is hard to see how you can get that without forced induction. Be very interested to hear what your friend at Prodrive comes up with - if they can’t crack the ECU no one can

Mark

The lower spec piper cams give the greatest gains in the midrange. The stock low speed toyota profiles are the shortest/lowest I’ve ever seen (226 at 7.6mm IIRC).

The std exhaust headers are extremely narrow and short. An optimised banana bunch manifold will tune much better and be less restrictive.

At the end of the day the 2ZZ is a low friction engine with extremely high valve area (for its size), I dont see any reason it shouldn’t go on to make 260BHP with optimised induction and race cams, but for the road 225 on stock inlet with modified ECU sounds very nice. I’ll even be controversial and say the a 225BHP screamer NA engine sounds like it would suit the character of the car?!

Paul’s quite convinced that the T4 ECU looks for too much like a MEMs (connectors, size of box etc), he even suggested that EFi may have bought the circuit boards from Motorola and put their own controller in it, its not unheard of. We’re going to plug a few different diagnostic tools into it and see what gives. Ultimately he could put a PDA sized data logger under the dash and log the signal on the CAN whilst I get the dealer to flash in the latest software - you can then hi jack the handshake process and access the hex file directly. It then leaves you fishing around with a large file but it gives you options…

Paul’s quite convinced that the T4 ECU looks for too much like a MEMs (connectors, size of box etc), he even suggested that EFi may have bought the circuit boards from Motorola and put their own controller in it, its not unheard of. We’re going to plug a few different diagnostic tools into it and see what gives. Ultimately he could put a PDA sized data logger under the dash and log the signal on the CAN whilst I get the dealer to flash in the latest software - you can then hi jack the handshake process and access the hex file directly. It then leaves you fishing around with a large file but it gives you options…

Crikey, sounds very interesting

Nice work