How do I buy the reg number KN13VEL?

In 5 years time the reg plate KN13 VEL will become available, does any one know if I can start the ball rolling now to reserve it?

Ive emailed the DVLA but not heard back from them!

I looked into this a while ago - I want a future reg also, I concluded that you just have to wait until its released to auction.

Any plate like that will nto be released normally when its time is due, it will be reserved and sold at one of the dvla auctions, where the highest bid wins- check out the past auctions section of the dvla-som site

You can pre-register your interest in any future plate (or any existing one that’s been retained for future auction), but that’s probably too far away at the moment for them to have a list open yet.

If enough people register their interest, the plate may go to auction.

those auctions are crazy… i went to one and the price of most of them was really expensive.
i wanted MAT7S and it went for �25,000 or higher.
i just recently bought 9MC for �8,000 which seems odd to me but hey!
plus i love walking round the car parks at dvla auctions theres some serious motors

You wont be able to put it on your exige anyway as it would make your car appear newer than it is

You would have to downgrade to an s3 exige

You wont be able to put it on your exige anyway as it would make your car appear newer than it is

You would have to downgrade to an s3 exige

Its a good excuse to buy something new to put it on!

The DVLA used to sell plates(for March registration)in November-And you could choose your own combination of letters regardless of where you live;In November 2001 I bought EV02TON for �499 and in March 2002 it went on my new Elise.So that reg may be avaliable in the preceding November on a first come first served basis-unless of course the DVLA has changed this policy.
Pete.