Hopeful switch - Impreza Type R to S1

Hi all,

Newbie here and on the lookout for an S1 Exige.

Was recommended to visit here after meeting an S1 (with K20 supercharged) owner at a Porsche meet near the Olympic Park at the weekend.

After 14 years of owning an Impreza Type R, feel the need for a change.

Impreza is a 2.35 with around 470/475 bhp/lb ft and setup for track with just about everything done from transmission to brakes and suspension/chassis upgrades. Will be a very different drive but excited for a new chapter and getting to know a new car.

Looking forward to getting an S1 on track and hopefully meeting some others soon.

Some obligatory shots of the Subaru below. Have agreed a price for it, just waiting for the buyer to sell his car and transfer me the money then will be on the search. Will keep you posted how it goes.

Best
Ross

Love those wheels! Hope you find the right S1.

Welcome - look forward to hearing more re your buying journey and car when you find what your looking for :+1:

Welcome Ross, good luck with the search.

Any Q’s just ask on here, lots of knowledgable folk on Exiges.

Welcome.

I switched from Impreza to Lotus a few years ago. For trackdaying it’s a no brainer, will never look back.

I do miss that burble on a cold morning though :sunglasses:

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I do have one, probably silly question :

Some s1 I have seen have ‘Elise’ written on the spark plug cover whilst others have ‘Exige’. Any reason why?

Not a silly question, just very “Lotus”, I think I’m right in saying the Exige cam cover plate was an optional extra, the one with the Elise script is just the default from factory. I’ve had 3 S1 Exige and only one has had the exige script.

Or it’s a converted Elise :smile:

:open_mouth: :laughing:

:laughing:

Thanks for the replies… will make sure to check the numbers etc. Love how the idiosyncrasies are a ‘Lotus’ thing.

Wait until you try to get the air conditioning working… they’re great just a little quirky…

HI Ross,

It was me that you met on Sunday! Really glad that you made it to the right place for anyone considering an Exige purchase :thumbup:

Can’t recall the last time I posted on here,…I’ve still got the car so should visit more often…

Was good to meet you and thank you for the pointer :thumbup:

PS - the 911 is indeed very loud!!

Hi Ross, I’m still thinking of selling my supercharged Honda Exige, let me know if you’re interested.
Cheers Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for post, I’m looking to get a car with standard exterior and actually have a deposit down on one as Subaru goes this Friday. Might give you a shout if purchase purchase fall through. :thumbup:

No worries. Good luck, hope all goes well with purchase and don’t forget to post pics.

Which one have you (hopefully) bought? :+1:

Tempting fate but the blue one on PH.

The dealer are doing some work on the car before I collect.

Congratulations on the purchase :+1: look forward to seeing/hearing more once it lands - great choice.

Thanks very much :smiley:

Do not want to tempt fate but will hopefully be able to share soon.