Hondata PRB

Any of you running a Euro K20A2 with a PRB ecu?

I have a PRA loom but would to buy a PRB ecu as it has RS232 on the board for driving a Dash2/MXL-strada and the added advantage of wideband lambda. i know there is a loom mod to add the Denso 234-9005 sensor, but not sure if anything else is different.

Other plus is plenty of used PRB ecu already fitted with Kpro for good money around.

T

i got stuck at this problem when trying to fit my AIM dash as i dont have a PRB ecu and didnt no until afterwards the rs232 lead only works on that ecu. as i had already bought the dash i ended up wiring speed, revs, oil temp/pressure, water temp and fuel level seperately. it seemed easier than changing the ecu as parts of it have to be re-wired. racedatasystems helped me with calibrating the dash.

Seems there isnt much out there regarding using Hondata with a digidash.

Cheers for the info Chris, any shots of your dash installed?

i have got some pics of it fitted but im not sure how to upload them on here lol. i can email them to someone to upload them. the worst thing about it is AIM no about only the PRB ecu being able to use the rs232 lead for data off the ecu but didnt tell me when i bought it even though i ordered the lead with the dash.

I’ve also been looking at the Tour De Force EC1 as it can do the closed loop VTC control. No issues with a MXL or DASH2 there as does native CAN.

First i had PRA with Hondata K-Pro, but didn�t work.
Now i use PRB with K-pro and Can-bus Data transfer from all the engine Data to AIM Pista. Works fine.

The PRB has some advantages over the PRA:

• wideband lamda
  • lambda datalog
  • full compatibility with Hondata
  • can be individually mapped
    For more information ask Christian from Doctronics

Peter