Honda questions....

I have tryed to get some answears on Seloc… but most of the time I must explain why I wanna do like this… and so on… So pls dont ask why… Its has to to whit the fact I dont life in Uk where stuff like this would never been an isue… (high taxes on bhp here)

And I just wanna find out whats posible… havent desided anything at all…

1… It would be really nice to have 300 bhp on the track (SC) and only around 200bhp on road …
This means Im runing 200 bhp on the road and if I dont do anything else with the car… it will show around 200 bhp on dyno…

So this means I have the SC setup but like to have NA performance on the road…I dont wanna remove the SC to achive this on the road…

The 2 best alternatives as far as I can see is to use an air restricor to achive 200 bhp with the SC runing…or I can change the rev limiter so low it will kicks in at around 200 bhp . About the rev limiter Im a bit afraid it will ruin the fun on the road since the revs are half the fun… But it could be an alternative…

For me it would also be ok if I in one way or another just mange to stop the SC… but this will of course mean im runing a SC map without the SC runing… not sure if this is a good way to go or if its healty for the car??

Other ideas to acive 200 bhp is appreciated… but my point is that it must not ruqire to much work to change it back to 300 bhp again (for the track)

2. Every 2 year I like to completly remove the SC for the MOT (emmision) test… I have understood this it not a novice job… and thats fine… not planning to do it alone anyway… But will this work?? … I mean , must I do other stuff too… for all I know the car wont even run with SC setup with no SC installed… Maybe I must remap the ECU then??? … The main point with this… Is just to pass the emmsion test without they seeing any SC on my car …since I wont have it in my car certificate (due to high taxes)…

comments appreciated…

would it not effect your insurance if u had a smash with the sc on it but didnt mention it ?

Jesus Mr. Niceguy, you really don’t get it do you. We have tried to explain in the nicest possible way that the effort is not worth the result. Asking the same question here will simply result in the same answer…

I have already explained to you on Seloc what you will need to do. You already know installing and uninstalling the SC is not a trivial task. In addition I explained you would need to spend yet more money on a programmable ECU to adjust the rev limit to restrict the power output. A restritor will strangle the car at high revs and will not be pleasant. In addition to removing the SC you would need to remap the ECU something you won’t be able to do without a lot of dyno time and expert help - you would also need to be able to develop a new map with a restrictor in place. An iVTEC engine takes a lot of skill and time to develop a map for because of all the additional cam angles. If you didn’t have all these problems with the law I would say go for it, but it really is just not worth it. Get to Spa in October and I’ll prove it you…

But hey what do we all know, no doubt someone will be happy to relieve of a lot of money. Wish I had more customers like you.

Jesus Mr. Niceguy, you really don’t get it do you. We have tried to explain in the nicest possible way that the effort is not worth the result. Asking the same question here will simply result in the same answer…

I have already explained to you on Seloc what you will need to do. You already know installing and uninstalling the SC is not a trivial task. In addition I explained you would need to spend yet more money on a programmable ECU to adjust the rev limit to restrict the power output. A restritor will strangle the car at high revs and will not be pleasant. In addition to removing the SC you would need to remap the ECU something you won’t be able to do without a lot of dyno time and expert help - you would also need to be able to develop a new map with a restrictor in place. An iVTEC engine takes a lot of skill and time to develop a map for because of all the additional cam angles. If you didn’t have all these problems with the law I would say go for it, but it really is just not worth it. Get to Spa in October and I’ll prove it you…

But hey what do we all know, no doubt someone will be happy to relieve of a lot of money. Wish I had more customers like you.

First of all… I got some quite usefull info on Seloc… but I really think its good to ask other ppl too… The way I have undertood it… evrybody here doesent read Seloc ( included me 2 monts ago or so)…so its worth a try… But your reply here now was very good… lots of more usefull info compared to selec from u… thanks…

I kind of felt I got some quite good answear after a little while …specially on number 1… But about removing the SC I dident quite get any “good enough” answear for me… Yes I understood it was not a Novice job…which is not a problem… but I needed some more info…

There is some ppl including yourself, which misunderstand what Im asking… Im not trying to deside wich one is best the NA or JDM or SC or other conversion or Rover … Its not about that… Im not goiing to do a [censored] now or the next monts or maybe ever… The thing is I live in a different world when it comes to car regulation compare to UK, … and I have some thoughts about it … 3 question which I guess I could have asked in a other way to make it easyer to understand for all of you guys… But heck … it aint that easy with the english… and Im not good in this engine stuff… all I know is that I love my car and I have some thoughs about it how to make the car faster(and still be leageal) without losing my house just to get it approved over here …

About spa. …there is nothing to prove. lol… Im sure you could run faster even with a lada compare to my exige with or without SC… Why cant I just ask some question without starting to explaining why why why… If I have started another tread about engine conversion I would agree… but its not about which convesrion is best and visa versa…

But some of this would probarbly be avoided if english was my native language… … I probarbly could have said what Im trying to say here too in a other way… but Im tired now… and wont check it… hope some of the text makes sense …

niceguy

how are you doin?

anyway, youve confused me a wee bit but have you got a Honda SC in your car now ?

Ian

Is there no way to dump the boost from a Supercharger ?

Nope, it’s determined from the pulley’s fixed ratio.
Or you wanted a solution ala Mad Max?

Niceguy, I can see this wa discussed already in Seloc, and your will to ask elsewhere.

Remember that you can have a very stealthy looking K and internally have it either only blueprinted or completely bonkers 2.0, so anything between 210 and 260 BHP (eductaed guess seeing the results of Steve Butts 1.9).
You could just use less throttle on the road then.

Now, at the risk of sounding obvious, can you explain me why you want so much power?

Let’s analyse the root cause here.

@Roxteddy… Well im doiing very fine… getting more and more hooked on my Exige… Just had a nice trip to some track days in Norway and Sweden… very fun… Even If I had to drive home with really bad brakes… All my brake pad was gone on one of my front wheel… SO new discs and pads have been ordered… … Just wished I could drive the car more often on the track without traveling so far…

About the Honda… I dont have any…And DONT wanna discuss that part anymore on here… Ill take some phone calls later on… its easyer to avoid misundertandings and so …

Just one more thing… One of the reasons I like some more power is because then I would relax more when im on the track… Dont like to watch in the mirrors all the time… Croft was a nightmare when Im thining of that… lol… Even if Im better now…(still not good enough to handle the car I already got (100%) )… I would like some more power…

And Im fully aware of that I could achive some more power without a SC. But it wasent my intension to discuss other alternatives on this tread. (one thing at the time)… But I will defently look into it…And then im thinking on the NA honda too… and even the good old K (and other stuff)…

Anyway … Im not in a rush …nothing will happend this year…

One of the reasons I like some more power is because then I would relax more when im on the track… Dont like to watch in the mirrors all the time… Croft was a nightmare when Im thining of that… lol… Even if Im better now…(still not good enough to handle the car I already got (100%) )… I would like some more power…

I thought so.
You only need more experience. Bear in mind how much more speed Rox appeared to have on you, and then remember that his car is only 177 BHP, so there is a lot to be learnt on the driving side.

BTW, relaxing on a track is not what you should be looking for, but focusing even more…

Seconded

Ian

I think it would be better to be more relaxed AND more focussed (not mutually exclusive IMO)

Have you been talking to Don Palmer?

Ian

LMAO… well actually, yes !

I was going to name drop, but decided not to.