Honda NSX conversion for a S1 Exige ....

Anybody know if this has been tried ?
tranvesale mount as in NSX…

:wink:

NSX engine and box is M A S S I V E!! And everything for them is rather expensive. Shame tho!

Ah that V6 noise is Sooooooooo Wonderful,
i agree the quad cam V looks impressively big when out of the car definately fill up the boot with it :wink:

196kg with everything bolted on

I personally think a V6 is the most bland sound a motor can make , its very smooth tone just doesn’t do it for me .
Not saying you’re wrong at all as sound is very personal to our tastes ( just look at different musical choices )

It’s a bloody good job us humans like different stuff eh , or we,d all still be eating wild boar!

Depends how they are set up when it comes to noise. Most have single shared silencer - two pipes in, one out, two separate banks of 3 sounds very different. Then throw in 6 throttle bodies. Then rev them to 12,000 rpm like some of the older DTM cars. :smiley:

Also depends on what mood I’m in as to what I think sounds the business , same as music again … sometimes Prodigy sometimes Love over Gold …

Right now a racing 2 stroke ‘on the pipe’ at 30,000 rpm would give my ears pure neuro heaven …
:wink:

[quote=JDS]NSX engine and box is M A S S I V E!! And everything for them is rather expensive. Shame tho!
[/quote]

Would it fit in a wide bodied car ??? :smiley:

[quote=chrisexigegt][quote=JDS]NSX engine and box is M A S S I V E!! And everything for them is rather expensive. Shame tho!
[/quote]

Would it fit in a wide bodied car ??? :smiley: [/quote]

Of course, this V6 fits in a late S2 chassis:

And woodsport made a similar V6 fit into a early S2 chassis (similarly smaller rear subframe as the S1 I think), ergo, I think it would fit…

Saying that, the NSX is a ‘supercar’ with correspondingly expensive engines. The 2GR-FE engine fitted by MWR would be significantly cheaper and more powerful (~20 year newer design after all).

And for anyone who thinks V6’s don’t sound too good, try listen to some VQ35 engines with a tweaked exhaust - nice.

yeah the woodstock conversions are availible for the s1 and

s2 exige/elises 300hp and 250lbft of torque N/A ! :wink:

http://www.woodsport.org/joomla/index.php/engine-conversions/13-lotus-elise-engine-conversions-/44-lotus

monkeywrench also doing this now in the states

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=5

no prices though…

great sound…

[quote=crazyhorse]no prices though…

great sound… [/quote]

Read through part of the long thread but surprised I couldn’t find any reference to prices - I thought there were several customer cars out there with the conversion dating back to 2010 - or have I got that wrong?

get on to woodsport.com website to find the pricing on the non elise conversions their first elise conversion was done on a rover k elise s2 in july of this year…