Honda n/a - Induction

Has anybody managed to quiten the induction on a honda suitable for tracks like goodwood or bedford?

My exhaust is quiet enough but it’s my induction that trips the noise metres - has anybody found a solution?

Cheers

Miles

Quite a few of us use the “BMC” carbon air box/filter without problem.

Cheers Rob, just what I need :slight_smile:

Doing a search on that page (and choosing the filter that suits the Civic 2.0 Type R) I end up with this one ACCDA85-150

Is that the one you guys go for? Does it need any extra bits (piping etc) to suit the exige or does it fit direct?

Miles

I got mine from here in 2005, so I can’t remember the product number! http://www.tdi-north.com/

With regards fitting, it will be straightforward, but it will depend upon what you’ve got fitted already eg bracket to hold the carbon airbox.

Sorry, but this is the best photo of mine which I have to hand:

Cheers, I’ll give TDI North a call and order it through them.

Your engine bay is soooooo clean!

Funny I’d been thinking the same just today.

Must get onto this now, as mines in at 103db and days like the LoT Brands GP day in May are 101 limit.

Thinking BMC and see how that gets on, maybe swap to a 2bular can too.

Anyone know if the CDA is any quieter than the viper solutions?

Want to get my noise level down a touch, however it’s probably mainly exhaust for the static test.

[quote=Muu]Anyone know if the CDA is any quieter than the viper solutions?

Want to get my noise level down a touch, however it’s probably mainly exhaust for the static test. [/quote]

In my experience ( SC though ) the CDA is not going to help the drive by … mine passes all static tests but fails drive by at Donny and Bedford

Oooo pretty, want a blower for mine.

Yeah I’m probably better off investing in a 2bular trackday silencer. Bloody low noise limits, for years I had BMWs that sailed through noise testing, now the 105 days seem rare.

I have a 2bular and have no problem with static tests, usually reads 94-96db.

It’s the drive by that’s my problem (currently running an open cone K&N) so Bedford / Goodwood are out at the moment. A friend runs an ITG on his s/c honda and still fails the drive-by.

Just ordered a CDA and the PSH hose, see how it gets on. :slight_smile:

Just put a BMC on mine, and it has made it quieter. Also added bonus is that it sounds much better IMHO than the pipercross that was on it, less like a drilled airbox and more like a bike. Really screams 7k+