Honda Insurance

Hey chaps,

Have the extensive list of insurance companies that do good deals on loti cars in general but do you chaps know the good ones for insuring the honda conversion pls…

Daniel

Assuming you want track cover, there’s CCI, Heritage, & Richard Eggar.

You may find others without track cover, but I can’t help you there.

I’ve just switched to CCI, as my renewal was due.

Arrrhhhhhh, most companies excpet for one is saying i have to be over 25 or 28 to get insured, right pain!!

Adrian Flux are the only company that will touch me and i have to be honest, the quote was errrrrrrr much better than i expected, s1 exige with brake/suspension mods and a honda conversion for just over 1k premium with 5000mile cap, protected no claims. Vehicle insured at 26k

Only stipulation they have is i get a cat 1 alarm fitted… Im more than happy with that…

If it has the factory fit alarm it’s usually cat1 anyway.

Richard Edgar have quoted me �600 Fully Comp for Me & Mrs, aggreed value �30K and 4 U.K. track days per year and windscreen cover. (5K miles per year) I think that is good. (Inc long list of Mods)

Ex 77

If it has the factory fit alarm it’s usually cat1 anyway.

Interesting point as to if the conversion companies respect the alarm wiring - I mean keep the coil and crank immobilisation as per the standard install ?

If not does that change anything if you advise your insurance company its Cat 1 and then it gets nicked and trashed or whatever and some guy from your Insurance decides to look for anyway out of paying up …

Not that I watched the Norwich Union program recently

Not sure if this will apply to any of you youngsters, but SAGA insure my S/C Honda Elise for �420, that includes Trackdays with full cover, and they dont ask about Thatchers etc.

Mine starts straight off the key.

tut

My age is the issue with most insurers as im only 24…

Spoke to a few loti people, they have said factory spec alarm is cat 1, i have infirmed insurance company of this and they are fine about it…

Not sure if this will apply to any of you youngsters, but SAGA insure my S/C Honda Elise for �420, that includes Trackdays with full cover, and they dont ask about Thatchers etc.

Mine starts straight off the key.

tut

I tried Saga for my bemani S/C exige would’nt touch it.

Jut used heritage, CCI didn’t return my cals and couldn’t find a number for RE…

Jut used heritage, CCI didn’t return my cals and couldn’t find a number for RE…

It’s the 1st response in google when you type in Richard Egger?

http://www.richardeggerinsurance.co.uk/

That will be because someone told me it was Richard Eggar then