honda converted exiges/elises

hi all,

like many of you, i’m now inthe midst of a Honda conversion for my car after my engine went “BANG!!” As I’m using this car to race with, i will need to get engineer’s certification and go through process of homolgation so it can be entered in local production sports and GT series etc. I have found the sticking point to be that a certain number of cars need to have been produced/converted in order to achieve this recognition and was wondering how many Honda conversions are actually out there? Mr admin, can we get a Honda-converted section on this BBS or even a register of such cars? what do you all think?

Furthermore, if we have sufficient numbers it may be possible to have the car in this configuration recognised as a model in its own right and one that will be eligible for racing in various categories without big headaches and may even aid in eventual resale of cars if they’re a recognised model rather than perceived as a hack job conversion by prospective buyers. Any ideas/comments would be welcome

cheers

angelo

Hi Angelo,
where r u looking at for the conversion?

My car would have been hondaed…but things went and r wrong.

Nicolas

getting done by Sterling Motorsport here in Sydney

nicholas, went and ARE wrong with the conversion? were you not the one waiting a lifetime for conversion kit?

“were you not the one waiting a lifetime for conversion kit?”

still waiting

Mr admin, can we get a Honda-converted section on this BBS or even a register of such cars? what do you all think?

DONE !

Well in that case, can we have an Exige 2 section too?

Well in that case, can we have an Exige 2 section too?

Well, there’s already an Elise section…you can use that…

I agree it would be nice to have a Honda section
mine has gone to Hebdon Bridge (what a place that is to get to) today and there are a few already in the progress hope to have mine back next week
even though I sold my Exige this is still the best place for Lotus Info by a long shot
JohnC

Surely we will need an audi section as well…

…for those with a faster modem…

\

I think you’ll find that’s catered for in the “non-K series” description

That’s discrimination…

If they have one - we want one!!

Just because we are a minority